PDA

View Full Version : Nigeria Airways B737 crash

flareout BC
20th Dec 2008, 00:07
Could anyone possibly provide information on this event, which occured at Kaduna Airport in Nov '95 with some casualties? Thanks in advance

Rani
20th Dec 2008, 13:10
If my memory serves me right: The aircraft touched down WAY beyond a reasonable distance from the threshold during inclement weather, and it skidded off the runway. A fire started and some people didn't make it out in time...

I might be mistaken on the details though.

Stierado
20th Dec 2008, 15:35
Cant find that specific date, but here are a few of them...maybe do another search on this site and try again...good luck !

Aviation Accident Database Query (http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/query.asp#query_start)

arf1410
22nd Dec 2008, 15:59
Here's the info you are looking for (I think)

ASN Aircraft accident Boeing 737-2F9 5N-AUA Kaduna Airport (KAD) (http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19951113-0)

that website is the best I've seen for accident info and a easily searchable databse

PS - I'm curious as to what your interest in a 13 year old accident is?

jagunmolu
22nd Dec 2008, 16:45
This is a 13yr old accident,its really curious to see what purpose this would serve anyone/flight safety or otherwise,you could try to figure out what happened in DENVER,If you have scores to settle dont unsettle the rest of us,bygones will never be bygones unless we mature like this story over the years and look constructively forward:eek::confused::mad::suspect:

seper
22nd Dec 2008, 17:58
Though a 13 year old incident,it is of importance in my own opinion,our skies are littered with 737's,and any incident/accident report is always welcome information.

Of note is that i personally think that the scenario still occurs today in our cockpits the i can make it syndrome!

jagunmolu
23rd Dec 2008, 07:03
I cant believe we still have Old/bold and know it all pilots still traversing our skies,and also exhibiting such tendencies,Well you have a part to play, if they exist.If you cant report them to the bosses/incase they are also the bosses,PUBLISH their names on PPRUNE and it shall be taken up from there,HABA,Say no to EVIL KNOWITALLS Chikena:ooh::{:p

LongJohnThomas
25th Dec 2008, 20:34
The ''Tin Gods'' still exist, even in your company.:mad:
Its getting increasingly frustrating for them, but we have to wait for the last of them to go.:D
Unfortunately, amongst the so called new generation of pilots, some have inherited this attitude.:ugh:
One day though, we shall finally see the end of their reign.:D

flareout BC
29th Dec 2008, 11:30
B737s were my favorite machine, and not F-27s or 28s, and after enduring a decade of Irish-reg and just 2 local machines [5N-ANC and ND,] I was delighted to fly the six which started coming in 1982: AUA and UB, and ANW to ANZ. These were flown by the likes of Lambo, Adekoya, Okandeji, Porbeni and co, whose guest I was honored to be. It was with a heavy heart I saw photos of what AUA became after the crash. I have only fond memories them days and if you gentlemen will pardon me, this quest is like to assuage the feelings of loss. {A mint new CPL holder from the US lived in Kaduna then; he says there was a tailwind too, and the pilot steered off the runway onto dry grass kerbwhere a fire started}