PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR Issue( Hours) requirement

techboy
19th Dec 2008, 22:37
Recently applied for CPL/ ME IR!
Logbook and letter from CAA arrived today.

As per Lasors section D1.2 not enough hours Total time.

I have 217 Total time, 33 of which in FNPT II sim.
From what I make of the letter (and Lasors) you must have 200 TT of which only 5 can be in a FNPT II sim, therefore you must have an absolute min of 195 fixed wing time before applying for CPL?
(I have 184 hours in my Total time column, not 217 though I thought the surveyor would have taken the 33 sim hours into consideration )

Is this correct?

Has anyone else encountered this problem or should more of my Sim time be counted towards issue?

Also, They did not return any of the completed application forms, do I have to re-submit as those are signed by head of training at school etc.....

Thanks

Bearing 123
20th Dec 2008, 09:14
You have to have 200TT in an aeroplane!!! Sim time doesn't count to the CAA (apart from the 5 hours you mentioned) and just on another note, it won't count to an employer either.
As far as the paperwork is concerned, don't worry, your application is still in, you just have to get the extra hours and go back with your log book and they will issue your shiny new blue book.

techboy
20th Dec 2008, 10:16
So the minimum I will need 195 fixed wing and can use 5 hours of sim time from my IR course to make up the 200TT

In any case im on my way to the local flying club now!

thanks

Wing_Bound_Vortex
20th Dec 2008, 12:21
You're correct, you need 195 in the a/c and can count 5 in the sim for the 200tt for the cpl/ir.

WBV

acuba 290
20th Dec 2008, 12:38
I can not find about 195h and possible 5h in JAR-FCL...
which page should I look for this 5 h sim towards CPL issue? :confused:

mierda
21st Dec 2008, 11:57
Its 200 hours total FLIGHT time, it does NOT include any sim time.

2close
21st Dec 2008, 23:12
The following excerpt is from LASORS 2008 (not JARs).

Hope it helps.

2close :ok:

Flying completed on the course may be counted towards meeting the flying experience requirements for licence issue as detailed below.

An applicant for a JAR-FCL CPL(A) must have completed a minimum of 200 hours of flight time, including the particular requirements specified in a, b and c below.

These must be flown in aeroplanes irrespective of any credits applicable under D1.2(D) Notes below:-

a. i. 100 hours as Pilot-in-Command, or 70 hours as Pilot-in-Command if completed during a course of integrated flying training;

ii. 20 hours of VFR cross-country flight time as Pilot-in-Command, including a cross-country Flight* totalling at least 540 km (300 nm) in the course of which full-stop landings at two aerodromes different from the aerodromes of
departure shall be made.

b. 10 hours of instrument dual instruction time (for applicants without an IR), of which not more that 5 hours is to be instrument ground time (in a FNPT I or
II or a Flight Simulator).

c. 5 hours Night Flying comprising of at least 3 hours of dual instruction, including at least 1 hour of cross-country navigation, and 5 solo take-offs and
full-stop landings.

* The cross-country flight should be regarded as a single planned exercise including landings at two intermediate aerodromes and completed during the course of a single day. Flights completed over the course of more than one
day will not normally be acceptable towards licence issue. Should an applicant claim that there were mitigating circumstances that prevented the flight from being completed as originally planned, the applicant must send
in a written submission to PLD explaining what happened together with any relevant supporting documentation / information for consideration.

D1.2(D) NOTES

The 200 hours flying experience may comprise flight time in any of the following capacities:

• Pilot-in-Command/Solo (PIC), counted in full.

• Pilot-under-Instruction (Dual), counted in full.

The following credits will apply towards the total 200 hours of flight time and not the specific requirements of (a)(i) and (ii), (b) or (c) above:

i. 30 hours as pilot-in-command holding a PPL(H) on helicopters; or

ii. 100 hours as pilot-in-command holding a CPL(H), or as a QSP(H), on helicopters; or

iii. 30 hours as pilot-in-command in touring motor gliders or gliders (including Vigilant).

Nearly There
22nd Dec 2008, 00:14
techboy, I had the same 'misunderstanding' to over hours, I phoned the FCL person at Gatwick, she said that 5 hours sim time could be credited, I was 8 hours short, so had to jump in a tommy for 3 hours.
CAA should be able to clear it up for you with a quick call as they take photo copies of your log book.
I had to send back log books after the 3 hours aircraft time, and a letter stating which sim sessions/time I wanted to credit towards the 200hrs.

techboy
22nd Dec 2008, 10:09
Just called the CAA and spoke to the licensing officer, She confirmed that if I send the letter as you stated saying which of the 5 sim hours I want to include then they will issue CPL with a minimum of 195 Flight time hours.

Just goes to show how unclear or confusing it can be.... Thats just saved me 600 quid before christmas..

Cheers

Mikehotel152
22nd Dec 2008, 21:36
Out of interest, once one has successfully passed the IR skill test, where should one start the process of applying for the CPL ME IR to be issue? Does the FTO do anything off its own butt?

Or should I infer from this thread that counting logbook hours would be a good start...:}

Subhuman
23rd Dec 2008, 13:50
Mikehotel152 (http://www.pprune.org/members/165022-mikehotel152) :

You can get a Commercial license application form from the CAA website which also allows for the issue of one class rating and an instrument rating. So your CPL/ME/IR is all one form.

You need one part signed by your CFI and your logbook signed by your FTO as well. Apart from that its all on you to do and your examiners to have sent your IR(T) and CPL(T) passes back to the CAA.

And logbook on computer makes adding easier :D Excel is your friend... as I found out when I had 98.5 hours P1 on my CPL issue :ugh:.