PDA

View Full Version : Santa is NOT exempt

407 too
19th Dec 2008, 21:33
article from a Transport Canada publication a few years ago --

Santa Claus, like all pilots, gets regular visits from Transport Canada (TC) and it was shortly before Christmas when the TC examiner arrived.

In preparation, Santa had the elves wash the sleigh and bathe all the reindeer. Santa got his logbook out and made sure all his paperwork was in order.

The examiner walked slowly around the sled. He checked the reindeer harnesses, the landing gear, and Rudolph's nose. He painstakingly reviewed Santa's weight and balance calculations for the sled's enormous payload.

Finally, they were ready for the checkride. Santa got in, fastened his seatbelt and shoulder harness, and checked the compass.

Then the examiner hopped in, carrying to Santa's surprise, a shotgun !!

"What’s that for ?" asked Santa incredulously. The examiner winked and said "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but your gonna loose an engine on takeoff" :p

Tractor_Driver
19th Dec 2008, 21:45
Please remember though that examiners are only permitted to simulate failures.

TD

Report@Boddam
19th Dec 2008, 23:57
bloody heck td next you'll be tellin us santa aint real!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

wishin u all a very merry xmas and all the best 4 2009

R@B:D

helimutt
20th Dec 2008, 10:29
Replace 'shotgun' with Tranquiliser Dart Gun. :ok:

Whirlygig
20th Dec 2008, 10:44
Is that for the air restart Helimutt?

Cheers

Whirls

SASless
20th Dec 2008, 11:35
Political correctness strikes again....don't you "kill" engines? At least one could tip one's hat at being green by recycling the remains....say a roast with taters and carrots...bit of Merlot on the side.

draughtsman99
20th Dec 2008, 12:31
I don't think a Merlot would be up to the venison - maybe a Barolo?

idle stop
20th Dec 2008, 16:43
I think our dear (no puns intended) UK CAA Flight Ops division produced a jolly Christmas Card on that exact theme a few years back!

g-mady
20th Dec 2008, 18:11
Lapland 1 Alpha flew over head us at Old Sarum the other day. Squawking 2412. Im sure it cheered the kiddies at the local school though! :ok:

MADY