PDA

View Full Version : ATC - Traffic Information Service

radarman
19th Dec 2008, 12:36
Hola. Soy controlador Ingles, trabajando en Gibraltar. Muchos pilotos nos llaman pidiendo 'Traffic Information Service'. Parece que este es un servicio oficial de ATC en España. Imagino que el servicio consiste solamente en pasar al piloto información referente trafico observado en radar, pero sin necesidad de dar instrucciones para mantener separación. ¿Hay alguien que sepa donde puedo encontrar el significado oficial de este servicio, junto con las responsibilidades del piloto y controlador referente separación, cambio de altitud, separacion de terreno etc? Aquí no tengo acceso a documentos oficiales, pero tal vez hay información en el web.

Otra preguntita. ¿Hay otros tipos de servicio, por ejemplo Radar Control, Servicio de separación, Servicio de Información?

Muchas Gracias,
Radarman

Willoz269
7th Jan 2009, 04:39
Trabaje en Australia y ya jubilado, pero si, Traffic Information Service es informacion, no separacion, dependiendo en la clase de espacio aereo. Por ejemplo, si es Class G (non controlled) puedes dar informacion de Trafico a VFR on request y a IFR por obligacion.

Supongo que los pilotos que te piden esto son "light" (cessnas, etc) volando fuera de area de control. En este caso nosotros identificamos positivamente el retorno de radar y pasamos informacion de localizacion y "known or observed traffic".

Always Moving
8th Jan 2009, 02:38
Eso me parece que es como Flight Following in the USA, los identificas con un codigo, sabes a donde van y si hay alguien alrededor se lo dices y ya esta.

LH2
17th Jan 2009, 21:51
As far as I'm aware, there is no such thing as "Traffic Information Service" under the JARs. Perhaps they mean "Flight Information Service", which is what you are describing?

Sometimes if I'm not having one of my pedantic days I'll just request "traffic information", but if I'm on a strictly CAP413 mood I'll use the correct "Flight Information Service" phraseology.

Dr.Triax
20th Jan 2009, 21:01
Servicio de Información, está regulado por el Reglamento de la Circulación Aérea (RCA).

LH2
21st Jan 2009, 02:26
Triax,

thank you for the reference. I note however, that the RCA (http://www.ivao.es/docs/RCA.pdf) refers to "Servicio de información de vuelo", which is pretty much a verbatim transposition into national law of the ICAO definition of "Flight Information Service" ("Servicio de información de vuelo" in its Spanish version), Annex 11, Chicago Convention 1948.

So it would seem that Traffic Information Service is just unofficial phraseology for Flight Information Service. Do note however, that FIS in Spain implies the use of radar if available.

radarman,

Otra preguntita. ¿Hay otros tipos de servicio, por ejemplo Radar Control, Servicio de separación, Servicio de Información?

Have a look at the RCA, it's quite informative :8 From a quick read, there appears to be the standard ICAO/JAA fare: you're either controlled, receiving a FIS, or on your own. If controlled, it appears to be all standard (area control, approach, etc.), and if under FIS you will receive a radar service if radar is available. There is no distinction between different levels of flight information service as in the UK (RAS, RIS, FIS)--it's all FIS and you get the best level of service available.

Just to stress the point, the above is from a very quick read of the reference above and from my experience flying in Spain. I stand to be corrected.

Plumaveloz
15th Feb 2009, 02:55
The quid is on the meaning of the words:

Controllers provide on certain airspace´s type: "Servicio de Información de vuelo". And pilots ask por "información de tráfico", that´s simply other known planes on the vecinity of the asking aircraft.

aphelio
27th Feb 2009, 14:21
Plumaveloz The quid is on the meaning of the words:

Controllers provide on certain airspace´s type: "Servicio de Información de vuelo". And pilots ask por "información de tráfico", that´s simply other known planes on the vecinity of the asking aircraft.

as simple as that. :D