PDA

View Full Version : And a Happy Christmas to you too or…

Tigger4Me
18th Dec 2008, 11:00
… The security jobsworths strike again.

Passing through Stansted recently, I had a jar of mincemeat confiscated.The jobsworth concerned couldn’t offer any explanation other than, “My supervisor says so.” Asked what the outcome would have been if said mincemeat had been baked inside little pastry cases with a dusting of icing sugar the reply was, “No problem.” So, how about if I put it into jars each containing 100 ml and place these in a clear, sealed plastic bag of your specific dimension and volume requirements? Reply, “Er, I’ll have to ask my supervisor but I guess that would be OK.” Perhaps you will also ask your supervisor where in the scheme of things he is classifying mincemeat; liquid or gel. At this point I lost the will to live and moved on.

So, I cannot take a 450 gm jar of mincemeat through but the same amount of the product in smaller pots is OK? Perhaps there is a way for you drivers to enjoy your daily yoghurt after all.

By the way, the same jobsworth did allow me to take through a glass bottle of 150ml capacity that contained less than 100 ml liquid and this clearly in breach of the guidelines.

Thank goodness I only travel a couple of times a year.