PDA

View Full Version : Which Ageny for China?

Mayday1215
17th Dec 2008, 16:32
Hi there,

I have started a job search in China. I meet the minimum requirements for most airlines in China for A320 job.

My question is which airline is best to deal with when moving to China?
1) Storm Aviation
2) Direct Personnel
3) Wasinc
4) Rishworth
5) any more suggestions

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

JotaJota
17th Dec 2008, 20:25
Put in you "stuff" with everyone and see who gets you the interview first. That's what I did. Are you in the states?

Mayday1215
18th Dec 2008, 01:51
I am in India right now, but can be in States. So far had positive replies from DPI and Storm.
I am assuming you are in China now? How is it working over there? Which airline? So far I have offers from Juneyao, Deer in China and Asiana in Korea.

PM me if you prefer.

ltjng
18th Dec 2008, 15:54
Go for Asiana mate, it is no brainer!!!

Gumby
18th Dec 2008, 17:01
You might want to look at VOR Holdings, also.

As far as dealing with the Chinese and especially, JuneYao, a word of caution: Just because they say one thing, doesn't mean it will happen.

I will be upfront as I busted the CAAC checkride. Of course, I hadn't flown in over 6 months, was given a 1 hour warmup, and 2 days later, thrown into a checkride no where similar to any experienced in the US.

This was after sitting around in Shanghai for six weeks. The topping on the cake was their refusal to pay the training salary for that six weeks or my trip home. So I guess the moral of the story is: Don't screw up. That was a $6700 lesson in lost wages.

Another friend is at another carrier in Shanghai, sat around for about 5 weeks, made it through the sim ride but, now, that carrier wants to renegotiate the deal. This seems to be the way they do business so beware.

I am sure some of you have had good experiences with dealing with the Chinese but I have not. This is the second time I have been burned by the Chinese: Once selling a house and now with a job.

Their idea of running a training department is opposite of anything I have seen in 30 years of flying: Military, airlines, and GA.

Good luck but be prepared for their way of doing "business". :ugh:

Rubis
20th Dec 2008, 01:45
Careful with the Chinese. A contract is not a contract is not a contract ...unless it suits their needs. Paramount you have good representation, remember we are just whores to them.

Wasinc and VOR have people in the field there with good feedback. But remember, it ain't Kansas Toto. You think Sameer is bad, try to win a disagreement with the Chinese. Imperative you have the very best rep's in the field working for you, and there are none from OZ.

No, am not presently represented by either Wasinc or VOR. But wish I was.