PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

chrisy08
17th Dec 2008, 14:47
Flying with Continental Airlines in under 2 weeks. When will me tickets arrive? Im not sure if they have arrived today as I have not spoken to where they are being delievered too..

Thanks

lexxity
17th Dec 2008, 16:21
Check your itinerary. They are more than very likely electronic and there is nothing for you to get. Just bring yourself and your itinerary and ID to the airport. :ok:

chrisy08
17th Dec 2008, 16:33
aww I thought it was a ticket, as travel agents said they were sent out on Saturday. Not sure how it works to be honest.

11Fan
17th Dec 2008, 19:48
chrisy,

Ring your Agent again. They should be able to sort it out for you. :ok:

Have a nice flight.

Hartington
18th Dec 2008, 04:36
Given that you are travelling on Continental I'm assuming that your journey includes the USA. Although they rarely ask for it you have to be able to prove to the immigration people that you are going to leave the USA. A copy of the ticket (not the itinerary) is what they want. These days all tickets issued by agencies are electronic so there is no ticket as such but there is something called an "Electronic Ticket Receipt" and you need a copy of that for each person travelling. The ETR includes things like the ticket number, date and place of issue fare, tax(es), fare construction, endorsements, baggage allowance.

Most airlines have a way for you to go to their website (even if the ticket was purchased from an agent) input your "locator" (a 6 or occasionally 5 character combination of letters and numbers) and print the ETR.