PDA

View Full Version : Mass Move of Information from Excel - Word

antic81
17th Dec 2008, 13:22
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to do this, I have a list of clients on an Excel 07 spreadsheet that I need to send an email too, the problem is that there is 1700 clients on the list, to big to send in one email, I believe the limit is 100 on Gmail through Outlook 07.

So what I thought may work is somehow transfering the email addresses onto a word doc and then sending the email to 100 at a time, I thought I could use mail merge but I cant figure out how to do it, is there a way to do it or am I doomed to copy and paste each individual across?

I believe there are some limits set for anti spam reasons, a little inconvenient when you need to get information out to this many clients!

Anyone advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Ant

Saab Dastard
17th Dec 2008, 16:38
It depends what is in the Excel file, but you could presumably create a new XLS with just the email address, save it as a .csv file and then import it into your address book, then email out in suitable sized chunks (e.g. alphabetically).

Do you want to personalise each email?

In Word 2002 and above (possibly earlier also) you can do a merge to email. The best source is the Help within Word.

Getting the data from XL to Word is easy, depending on whether you want it as a table or a delimited text file - e.g. CSV.

We've had threads here before on mail merges - search for mail merge in this forum and any date.

SD