PDA

View Full Version : EVA Air application

atila_101
16th Dec 2008, 11:56
hi there guys,

just wondering, is there any other way to apply for EVA apart from the mail address they show on their web page, I mean is there any email address where to send all documents and papers, or the email from somebody in HR in charge of the recruitment.

Cheers, happy landings.

Podunk
17th Dec 2008, 11:53
I have heard that Eva Air accepts/processes applications only as received by mail to the address posted. Email applications NOT accepted.

From your profile, looks like you would be a PRIME candidate for Air Atlanta Icelandic. They will be hiring lots of guys VERY soon for ALL seats on the B742.... and will give you the type rating..... and pay you off-shore.

Good luck in your search

SPANISHPILOT
31st Dec 2008, 19:42
Hi guys!

I have more than 3000 TT, more than 1000 in a Boeing 717 )full glass cockpit) and I was wondering I had any chance applying for EVA...

What is the pilot profile they are looking for

Thank you and happy new year!

Regards

Flying Mechanic
1st Jan 2009, 10:40
look at Avianation.com, u will see Eva is hiring for 747/777/MD11 f/o. 2000 TT and 500 jet, i think now u will go on 747/777, as MD11 is not flying too much, due to global down turn.

cosmiccomet
1st Jan 2009, 18:14
My dear friends, Taiwan aviation is going down very fast.
EVA and CAL are trying to get ride of the expatriates pilots not hiring them.

CAL management believes that they learn enough to replace all the expatriates with locals.
They are not renewing contracts for the expats.

MD11 expatriate guys are at the end of the list of the upgrading course for the B777, many of them flying very very low time per month, even not flying at all.

nungry
1st Jan 2009, 20:28
Depends which gossip you hear FM!!! Due to downturn in traffic i.e. payloads, now the MD is prime to take over lots of 74 flying, and crewing forsees a shortage of MD crew and looks like training again on it, which means some expat FO's. And that's from the 9th floor!!!!
Give it a go, you never know. It's a good all expenses paid first wide body jet job living in a cool place in Asia.
F*ck the rat, bring on the OX!!!!!:}:}

littlejet
2nd Jan 2009, 10:11
Do you have a job?
Any job not flying job?
Do you have an interview for a job in 3 months and they need only one and there are 300 applicants?
Then do not apply for an airline job in TW.

Flying Mechanic
4th Jan 2009, 06:26
Captain Nungry! I stand corrected....i am back in KAN, and yes things r looking good MD11 Fleet, good to hear.

Nightfire
5th Jan 2009, 07:15
...ah, yes... there should be at least ONE vacancy since early 2008, I know that for sure :E

Seriously, EVA (probably CAL the same) is a very good opportunity to get a first wide-body TR. Wether it'll be on the 747,777,330 or MD11 is unpredictable.
Training is good, salary is medium, lifestyle is :mad: (I guess that's the price you pay).
Who knows, some guys even enjoy themselves in Taiwan, perhaps you'll even like it. But before you go there (unless you've lived in China before), make sure you speak to somebody who knows the place. A good briefing in advance will spare you a couple of nasty surprises.

HurryUp&Retire
7th Jan 2009, 09:41
Any chance getting on with on ATR42 time on the 11??

Flying Mechanic
19th Jan 2009, 00:55
u will have a good chance to go ATR to MD11. Over the past few years Eva has hired 18 turbo prop pilots, all of them onto the Md11, and some have now moved to 330.

aerogull
19th Jan 2009, 04:55
Looking at their website, EVA's fleet includes MD90's and an A320. Is this information accurate or out of date? If it is accurate, then, are new hires still put on the wide bodies or are they put on the narrow bodies first?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

TWN PPL
19th Jan 2009, 07:08
EVA MD90 is from the sister company UNI AIR
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uni_Air (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uni_Air)
It's managed by EVA and flown by UNI pilots.

A320 is wet leased from TransAsia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TransAsia_Airways (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TransAsia_Airways)

If hired you'll only be assigned to fly the wide bodies.

SPANISHPILOT
19th Jan 2009, 10:57
Is there a recruiting or a hiring process right now?When do the interviews begin?

What about terms and conditions, bases, sallary, roster, fleet (I suppose MD-11 F/O vacancies available)?

Has anybody been called recently for an interview?

Thanks in advanced

Nightfire
19th Jan 2009, 16:58
Most of that has already been answered.

Salary: Walk home with about USD 5k/month as a FO at the end of the month.
T&Cs: Training bondage of USD 65k over four years, decreasing in proportion after two years. Eight days off in a row per month. Free travel on EVA network. Apart from that, you get nothing but depressions.

As for your other questions, do some research here.

blackbird71
20th Jan 2009, 11:41
try nankantraz.org you will find some inside info and opinions from current crew and the departed.

good luck, you will need it here....

alldaysushi
28th Mar 2011, 23:37
Greetings Folks,

Just trying to find out if anyone may have a Tel# for Flight ops. office Taipei.

I know this is a dead horse issue, with no shortage of opinion, as such I do have an interest as I have made previous application with these folks.
I faithfully sent app. in with no response as of 3mo. ago

I have lots of whale time, loooking for the MD11 Gig.

Thanks in advance for your input....

Safe Journies....Sushi

Fubaliera
28th May 2011, 19:03
Anybody have the latest on the Eva Air Interview, written test, oral. sim. look at back post but mostly outdated.
Thanks in advance

sdevani
12th Jun 2011, 02:14
Were you able to find any info on Eva Air Interview Written Exam..........

gingy
12th Jun 2011, 04:31
PM me your email if anyone needs a TAIWAN ATPL questions bank

Fubaliera
12th Jun 2011, 20:06
HI GINGY
iF YOUR SO KIND I WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE TAIWAN ATPL
THANKS IN ADVANCE

gingy
13th Jun 2011, 03:01
Hi FUBA,

just PM your email if you need a copy

555orange
13th Jun 2011, 08:56
If u go, enjoy, just remember..

It's not a career. No upgrades for expats. A few have gotten it, but 99.9% do not.

You are only good until your next contract date. They will not carry u through the tough time in most cases. How will you get a job as a high time FO when the industry goes into contraction like it does? Then when times are tough.. You might get 1 year contracts... Always in fear of being sacrificed at the next round.

Expats do not have labor law protections in Taiwan, so you do not get redundancy pay. If you challenge in court as some have done, it is simply stated that the labor laws of Taiwan apply to Nationals only. Yet they make the law of jurisdiction Taiwan! There is a reason the companies like to hire direct and not via agency. Think about that.

No pension accumulation.

Poor or no LoL insurance.

No edu allowance for your kids. American school costs 20k usd/ year.

20% tax in Taiwan(a bit lower for an FO)

Unless you move there, only about a week a month at home.

This is not complaining, I worked there and enjoyed it, as long as you take it for what it is.

Suggestions:

Try and go through an agency.

Try to make the law of jurisdiction your home county. (seems reasonable but they will never tell you the real reason they can't do that because your not supposed to know else you might not take the job!)

Have a lawyer look at the contract. (and watch him laugh his pants off!)

If your an FO for life, try Korean. At least they are up front about it and write a proper agreement.

If you go... Study your bag off and know every detail. EVERYthing. Jeppesson, ICAO doc4444, JARs etc. Never call sick, and never complain. Then you might have a chance even if your miserable after a few years. And you will be.

Last, consider the facts. 99% of expats left. Take that at face value and what it must mean. Everyone complain about their employer, but just take the actual numbers for people who walk as a measure of whether you want to work somewhere.

Good luck!

cosmiccomet
13th Jun 2011, 12:31
The best advise I can give to anyone considering to join CAL or EVA Air is just STAY AWAY OF TAIWAN!!!!

They hire expats only to complete their cockpits until their own "four eyes" ab-initio First Officers are ready to take your seat.

555orange
13th Jun 2011, 15:21
Cosmic is totally right... They blow ice-cream up your rear at the start because by getting you they can quickly increase their revenue more quickly. Why do they do it, because the Local management don't care about the fellow nationals as much as they care about their bonus. It's despicable. Sell your own down the river for your own gain, and lie lie lie to get the foreigner in the profit seat. But make no mistake.... They have NO intention of keeping you or have a greater plan. They lied to me so many times about how "everyone is treated equally" and "your part of the family"... Just to keep me in the seat. Luckily I am out now, and soo much happier. Taiwanese people in general are very nice, but if your in their country taking there jobs, then the attitude changes. I know what you are going to think next... So I will pre-empt. In my country there are healthy human rights laws, and a robust Asian community. Taiwanese can and do live amongst us, and are treated with equal respect. However expats CANNOT become Taiwanese nationals. Human rights laws in Taiwan run only one way...

So if u go... Go with a healthy warning. But I agree with Cosmic. Stay away if you have a choice!
That said I know most looking to go there will choose to poo-poo the warnings and go anyway as I did. As they say.. A fool is born every minute, and this time it's YOU... If your considering going to work there.

Flying Kilim
12th Jul 2011, 05:08
Do you have Taiwan ATPL questions?

Thanks very much