PDA

View Full Version : converting to DGCA - a few more questions!

sunny441
14th Dec 2008, 20:01
Hello Folks:

I have a few more questions about converting an FAA to the DGCA license.
I know the DGCA has a minimum requirement of 200 hours b4 they give an endorsement.. My question would be, of the 200 hours, how many can be on a multi or single engine? Can one have 125 hours of twin time and 165 hours of single time - and be able to convert to DGCA license?

Also are the hours logged in a Piper Cherokee, accepted by the DGCA?

Cheers

Sunny

divinesoul
15th Dec 2008, 06:55
hi

i am assuming u are talking about the Indian dgca.NO cherokee is registered in India.There is 1 but it is not airworthy.

another question i have is does one need to satisfy the Indian cross country requirement of 100 nm from the point of departure while building time towards CPL while training outside India.

cheers.

sunny441
16th Dec 2008, 00:08
not sure about the x-country requirements of the DGCA.

Also, any idea about the Piper Twin Comanche? is that acceptable as per DGCA rules?

divinesoul
16th Dec 2008, 04:11
there is only 1 twin commanche in India that is with carver aviation but it is also not airworthy.

cheers.

sunny441
16th Dec 2008, 04:13
amazing, just amazing. No cherokee, no comanche.. wow. like the way Carvers website says = "only Academy in India to have 20 live and Airworthy Aircraft"

looks like multiengine will have to be on a Piper Seneca.

divinesoul
16th Dec 2008, 16:52
yup seneca would be ur best bet.also the beech baron and partenavia are a safe bet too.