PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Info

neilson
14th Dec 2008, 14:01
Hello,

i'm looking for some current information on Aer Lingus. I know they're not hiring at the moment. However, I'm interested in pursuing this company in the future as i plan to move to Ireland down the road. I am basically looking for information regarding starting FO salary, per diems, block times, garuantee, crew bases, benefits, etc.. Pretty much everything I guess - I want as much info I can get.

Also, wondering what the best way of applying is? I knbow they have a online application that they upload on their website from time to time. But I was curious if ther is an alternate method that is acceptable when this isnt available. I'd like to get a head start perhaos and through resume in ahead of time to circulate my name.

Cheers,
neilson

potkettleblack
14th Dec 2008, 16:15
http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=e00a30hr6twnjuf08bamh32j6arsq61uxrvney08chmj 2q6yr46

corsair
14th Dec 2008, 16:27
It's worth pointing out that they put all the potential pilots through the same aptitude and psycho tests they used to put cadets through. Direct or not, Captain though you may be. Something else to bear in mind for the future.

Callsign Kilo
14th Dec 2008, 17:42
Testing is along the same lines as every 'legacy/national' carrier. Split into 2 or 3 days. Each days performance determines wether you reach the next day of interviews or assessment. Will all surely change when FR gets their claws on them. £260 for 30 minutes in a sim and a 10 minute interview. :ok:

corsair
21st Dec 2008, 22:34
Also what does the sim cx detail involve for a cadet?

Cadet? How long is it since they took cadets? Whatever, unless you were integrated with FTE or OAA, AND received a call from them rather than the other way around. Don't waste you time hoping. Wait until you are direct entry. They are notorious for only asking for application from people recommended by the certain flight schools.

Having said that, I think Callsign Kilo is right. FR well get them eventually.Then it will be the FR way. Which to be honest works just as well.

chocfingers
23rd Dec 2008, 15:23
They're recruiting now for the LGW base - it's on their website, form that they ask to email with CV.

And Pigs Might Fly
23rd Dec 2008, 22:58
Guys, has anyone else tried to apply through the [email protected] email and received back a failure report saying recruit is unused??

ph81ds
24th Dec 2008, 14:12
Pigs Might Fly - I haven't even got that far yet, I've filled in the form, click submit, and every time internet explorer quits, what am I doing wrong?

PH

Jumbito
28th Dec 2008, 12:55
Hi!
Same is happening to me with the link, I´ve tried several times but I always received back the Delivery failure.
By the way, anybody know how many pilots do they expect to hire for Gatwick?
Thanks in advance and Happy new year to all of you!
Feliz año!

yoland
2nd Jan 2009, 08:41
Anybody know what the terms and conditions are like for Gatwick or is it the same as Dublin.:confused:

wangus
2nd Jan 2009, 15:15
Also getting delivery failure. A sign?????

gareth08
2nd Jan 2009, 15:59
Yup, i'm having the same problem. After i send the email, i get a delivery report failure telling me that 'recruit is unused'.

Can't find a telephone number anywhere to ask anyone........

FrankAbagnale
2nd Jan 2009, 18:10
mate, didnt have that problem with me. Try using a different email address.

leeds 65
2nd Jan 2009, 19:08
im sure applying through the ryanair website would work fine :}:}:}

Lord Lardy
2nd Jan 2009, 19:23
sure applying through the ryanair website would work fine

Not without donating £50 to the cause it won't ;).

The address is probably not working due to the volume of applications received. The first type rating courses I believe start next week with those starting coming from Oxford/Jerez so that they will be ready and line checked in time for the base opening. More recruitment later in the month although I suspect it will be for rated with hours on type.

LeChuck
2nd Jan 2009, 21:28
Hi mates,

In my case, I didn't have problems sending the checklist with the CV, although I needed to configure Windows Mail (I use Vista).

Does anyone know if they usually acknowledge receipt of the CV? So far I haven't had any info from them, I know of course the deadline is still a weekend away...

To finish, I would appreciate if any insider could share his/her knowledge on current conditions offered at LGW.

Thank you and wish you all a bright 2009 :ok:

redout
3rd Jan 2009, 21:17
What is the deal with the application on the website. It says "If you have what we are looking for, please fill out the Pre-selection checklist below and return it with your most recent C.V. to [email protected]."

How does one return it with the CV ? I hit submit and all I get is this will reveal your email blah, blah. I presume that you just email the cv seperate as there is no place to attach it ?

Also it says "Passed English Language Proficiency Test." under essential criteria. Who would have done this test if they do not have a job ? I know that most of us will not have done this. Is it worth doing now. I am asking will it work against myself if I apply without it ?

Thanks

FrankAbagnale
4th Jan 2009, 02:54
The english language proficiency is stated on you RT licence..
recently, it has become sort of a mandatory thing i believe.

redout
4th Jan 2009, 11:43
I thougt they meant the ICAO level 6. Although I would have thought that they would mention it by name. Most people dont have the ICAO level 6 as they do not have a job.

FrankAbagnale
4th Jan 2009, 13:53
how is that related to a Job?:rolleyes: