PDA

View Full Version : Air Law Exam

Roger D'Erassoff
12th Dec 2008, 15:27
Maybe this should be in the Professional Pilot Training forum, but I am really only looking for responses from mil aviators...

Knowing as much we do about air law from our training days ;), how long has it taken peeps to go from flash to bang in doing the Air Law exam? My intention is just to use the question bank from either Bournemouth or Bristol having read through some oldish ATPL notes first.

I know I should do the recommended period of study first, but I passed ISS by just turning to the pink pages and am planning to do the same here! :ok:

Be grateful for your inputs....

Roger D

BEagle
12th Dec 2008, 15:37
Why can't you be bothered to study for a professional pilot exam?

Air Law is mind numbingly boring, but not difficult.

In any case, old notes will probably be worthless if they are pre-JAR-FCL.

Tourist
12th Dec 2008, 15:54
2 long evenings with the Bristol online question bank.
Don't worry about the fact that the answers to a couple are wrong, they are wrong in the exam too!

Fg Off Max Stout
12th Dec 2008, 17:29
I spent about a month's worth of evenings staring blankly at the pages of the Oxford manuals with eyes glazed over. Then the day before the exam I did a 8-hour marathon session with the Bristol question bank. In the end I got a pretty respectable pass.

If you want to gash it, spend a few days wth the Bristol question bank and you can pretty much guarantee a pass. Alternatively, learn it properly, the old fashioned way over a few weeks, and you'll have a much more thorough base of knowledge. Military training may help in other ATPL exams but not so in Air Law where the regulations are diferent.

I have to say studying ATPL Air Law was one of the most mind-numbingly dull things I have ever done. Enjoy!:ok: