PDA

View Full Version : Which is done first....Exams or application?

Greensman
12th Dec 2008, 13:20
Hi Guys

A bit confused as to which i need to deal with first. Would I need to apply to the UK CAA applying for the conversion of my ICAO ATPL to UK JAA first or can i go ahead with the exams, medical, skills test before submitting the application for the license? I hope i'm not going about this carriage before the horse! :\ Anyone with any idea on the process?

redsnail
12th Dec 2008, 14:15
My advice, go to Gatwick and get the medical done first. That way you'll get an ARN (reference number) which can be used for the exams etc.

nuclear weapon
12th Dec 2008, 14:33
Go with redsnails advice as without passing the medical there's no point going ahead with the exams.

varigflier
12th Dec 2008, 15:06
Is the JAA medical exam like the FAA medical exam? How long does it take to get it done?

Greensman
12th Dec 2008, 15:53
The FAA initial is pretty straight forward. Not sure about getting it done in the UK though. For me it was a straight case of making an appointment with an FAA AME, medical was about 30mins long. I'm dreading the thought of having to do a medical examination for 4 hrs.:\ Not to mention the 2-3 weeks wait as quoted by the folks at Gatwick. I just find it so difficult dealing with or getting information from the CAA.:ugh: