PDA

View Full Version : share hours building?

luxor84
9th Dec 2008, 23:20
hy guys i wanna ask you if is still possible to log flight hoursa with another pilots and share the price as many USA flight schools told me!And then how could i validate these hours here in italY?Thanks very much and i'm looking forward to hear from you all

Whirlygig
9th Dec 2008, 23:31
If you want a JAA licence then no, you can't; only one pilot can log the time at any one time. If you are not actually flying the aircraft, how can you log the time? :confused:

Cheers

Whirls

Genghis the Engineer
10th Dec 2008, 08:13
To the best of my knowledge that's never been legal anywhere - either you were misinformed, or misunderstood.

Of-course, you can still save some money on an hour-building holiday by sharing the hour building with a friend - sharing a hotel room on flights away, only needing one set of charts.... Also you can always agree to share flights along the lines of "you fly the first hour, I'll fly the second".

But each actual minute in the air can only be logged by a single pilot - that's an absolute.

G

Capt Loop
10th Dec 2008, 19:15
Under the FAA both pilots can log as PIC.

BUT one has to be flying solely by instruments and the other acting as a safety pilot.

Log book of the Pilot flying by instruments has to be countersigned by the safety pilot etc.

profot
10th Dec 2008, 19:19
Capt Loop is correct

The UK CAA will, however, not recognise the safety pilot PIC hours so it won't work unless you are after a FAA license

gavinparish
11th Dec 2008, 22:30
Unless you are TYPE RATED! on a Multi Crew Aircraft. Even then the guy in the right seat can only log P2. I assume you will be flying a light SEP, which is a single pilot aircraft. If so there is no need for a second pilot so can't log the time (unless Trans-Atlantic Ferry Flying IFR).
I've heard of a few guy's trying your idea in the past, but just remember 9/11! Those guys faked there log books. Aviation authoraties are really on the ball now!
If you wan't a career in aviation, be 100% honest.
I rented an old Cessna 150 from Firecrest Aviation in Elstree, if you pay up front and bargain a little I got it for £60.00 per hour. O.k. a few years ago but about 60% cheaper than my flying school.

Bealzebub
11th Dec 2008, 22:47
but just remember 9/11! Those guys faked there log books.

Did they? Given their murderous goal it is hard to see why they would bother. I am sure the real crew didn't!

gavinparish
11th Dec 2008, 23:29
Obviously not the air crew, if you check the history behind the attackers you will find they forged there log books during there pilot training.