PDA

View Full Version : Which ATPL subject is the hardest?

RTN11
9th Dec 2008, 22:07
I'm just coming to the end of all 14 subjects, and for me the hardest has to be Met. There are just so many factors to consider, I just can't get my head round it.

However, most people seem to consider Gen Nav to be the hardest exam.

So, which really is the hardest?

irishone
9th Dec 2008, 22:21
Personally found gen nav the toughest. That :mad: crp5!

bajadj
9th Dec 2008, 22:31
VFR comms without question. Not only is it very sensible to have VFR and IFR comms split into two £67 exams, i would have thought it prudent to split the massive undertaking up a little further "advanced transponder" should really be an exam in it's own right.

On a different note, i have no idea what a "microtesla" may be but i'm quite sure that there are 6 of them.

luxor84
9th Dec 2008, 22:34
Actually i did all 14 subjects well but i saw most of sad people as they didn't pass all subject:these recurrent subject are flight planning,principle of flight, meteo,gen.nav.

Dufo
10th Dec 2008, 03:16
For me it was Meteo and Gen nav regarding depth of knowledge and Air law for amount of details.

Daultonio
10th Dec 2008, 09:22
As much as i found gen nav one of the hardest i also found it the most interesting and plenty of work to do on it, where as Air law is the most boring one learning all those statements.

but i think maybe mass and balance took some time for me......but eventually got it
:D

TheFlyingDJ
11th Dec 2008, 06:14
Gen Nav for me too.
Law and ops is just straightforward learning, m&b is just math and some formulas, but when i did the exam, i needed 58 minutes of the 60.
Meteo can be a pain too.
Third hardest for me was performance.

Since a lot of members here call gen nav as well, i reckon it's that one that gives the most sweat :)

Pugilistic Animus
11th Dec 2008, 15:36
The mountains:hmm:

RTN11
11th Dec 2008, 16:09
So is there no one who found Gen Nav a breeze? I got 93% with very little effort.

I'm just hoping for 75% in Met, for me it's the biggest challenge yet.

Cobalt
11th Dec 2008, 18:28
VFR comms and IFR comms. Found it very hard to pay 100 quid for these two jokes.

acuba 290
11th Dec 2008, 22:49
IMHO hardest: gen nav, met, HPL, performance and PoF
and most easy was: comms, air law and flight planning

nuclear weapon
12th Dec 2008, 08:43
General nav and met. There are about 6 exams that you dont have to study for just go through the past questions namely. Aircraft gen, vfr comms, ifr comms, ops and procedures and and air law.

Flying Squid
12th Dec 2008, 12:11
Most Difficult

Gen Nav
Flight Planning (Very tedeous and mentally draining)
Met
HPL (You either know it or you don't, no chance of working it out!)
Air Law (Purely because of the boredom Factor!!!!)
PoF
Instruments
Perf
Radio Nav
AGK
Mass & Balance
Op's
IFR Comms
VFR Comms
Most Enjoyable

VFR Comms (I now kick ass at Solitaire)
IFR Comms (Not bad at Minesweeper either!!!)
AGK
Gen Nav
Met
Instruments
PoF
Flight Planning
Radio Nav
Mass & Balance
Perf
HPL
Air Law
Op's