PDA

View Full Version : IL 96 Cubana over Plymouth

4eyed spotter
9th Dec 2008, 19:37
Bit of spotting with the bino's yesterday and saw an IL 96 cubana flying over FL30+ east to west. Can anyone shed some light on what route it was operating?. Also does the EK 380 fly over Plymouth on route to JFK from Mid East
Many thanks 4ES

Computer says NO!
10th Dec 2008, 07:44
Presumably it would be operating the LGW to HAV (Havana, Cuba) flight. Coasting out towards Lands End and out over the Atlantic.

As for the EK routing, it depends on a few variables, not least what the winds (jetstreams) are doing that day. This will push the routing either north or south to take advantage of the wind.

Hope that helps ya! :ok:

4eyed spotter
10th Dec 2008, 17:00
Cheers!. Didn't know cubana operated to LGW.:ok:

countbat
10th Dec 2008, 17:35
:}They were trying to take over the world

Charley B
10th Dec 2008, 20:55
Cubana only come to LGW on a Saturday!

AircraftOperations
11th Dec 2008, 11:17
Thye also serve a few other European Airports such as MAD, CDG and FCO. Guess it could have been one of those flights, unless it was operating with a big delay from LGW.

Cubana have also wet-leased aircraft in the past to cover various routes, including A330s I believe.

kernowbird
12th Dec 2008, 19:54
Cubana 400 is a regular on Saturdays routing Lands End to "SAM" towards Gatwick mid morning, in the summer I think it was Wednesdays as well.
There has been quite a few strangers over Cornwall in the last few weeks with the North Atlantic track structure obviously favouring more southerly routings.
Recent regulars have been Jet Airways A330s and B777s out of Brussels for New York, Northwest B757s from Amsterdam, Kalitta B747-200s from Brussels and an Asiana B777 eastbound from New York to Brussels.
I have only seen or heard the Emirates NY-Dubai flight once though