PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

fabbe92
8th Dec 2008, 14:32
Hello there! I am new at the forums so i didnīt know in wich category, to post this. Anyhow i am 16 years old and i live in Gothenburg Sweden. I am currently taking my PPL. I Was wondering, wich is the best school in europe for airliner pilot training? I am thinking of searching to Oxford. But i think it is very expensive. Is it worth the money?

Thanks!!

preduk
8th Dec 2008, 16:42
I am thinking of searching to Oxford. But i think it is very expensive. Is it worth the money?

No.

There are many schools in the UK and Europe, have a look at them all with an open mind before dedicating yourself to one of them. Word of warning; try and prevent yourself from being hooked in by the marketing teams at the FTOs :ok:

agent.oen
8th Dec 2008, 18:47
SFA in Brussels is not that bad ... but still expensive I'd say!

AO

fabbe92
8th Dec 2008, 21:17
But my dream is to work for BA. Isnīt OAT the best option than?

And is it worth spending such an amount of money, on flight training?

Can anyone give me a price on my OAT training? I donīt have to take the PPL as i allready have it.

preduk
8th Dec 2008, 21:29
BA aren't recruiting at the moment and I doubt they will for a long time. Latest news says they are trying to cut down their staff and aircraft. Future recruitment will probably be experienced pilots only because of the huge amounts of them on the market.

If you go to OAA you will be required to do their PPL course again and will cost in the region of Ģ70,000-80,000 for the full course plus a secured bank loan with interest so you're talking well over Ģ100,000.

If I were you, I would do your training at a decent FTO for a decent price, join a good airline and build up on the hours. Once you have the hours and experience I would then consider joining BA if they are looking for people.

fabbe92
9th Dec 2008, 15:39
Okay. Have anyone here heard of something called the flying highschools in Sweden? It is a part of Scandinavian Aviation Academy. What do you think of them? Is it good?

CY333
9th Dec 2008, 18:13
go modular..................

fabbe92
9th Dec 2008, 20:41
Okay, and by go modular, i suppose you are familliar with the flight high schools?

And what does modular actioally mean?

fabbe92
11th Dec 2008, 21:29
What is the best school in Europe for the momenth that gives you the best chance of getting work in europe soon after graduation day?

And not to expensive.

preduk
11th Dec 2008, 23:00
There is no such thing as "the best", a person from OAA will tell you they are the best, someone from FTE will say they are the best etc.

There are a number of schools throughout Europe, pick a country you would like to study in find out what the feedback is on them (both negative and positive) and then make a decision, make sure you visit the schools and chat with current and ex students.

Employment is tough at the moment not very many airlines are employing so picking the correct time to enter training is going to be hard. At the age of 16 I would concentrate on your education first and worry about which FTO to choose from when you have the cash to do it :ok: