PDA

View Full Version : Islands Nationair PNG

Dr Who
8th Dec 2008, 10:50
Hi,

I see Islands Nationair are advertising for pilots
I am very interested but just wanted to get some feedback on them first. So if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dr Who
9th Dec 2008, 19:49
Anyone at all ?

EBCAU
10th Dec 2008, 00:12
If you want to get a start in PNG then perhaps they could be for you. Probably not the first choice of company for experienced PNG types.

I see they advertise for Bell 205, 407, experience. My sources inform that as yet they don't have any - 206L's only. They may be getting some though. There is likely to be a bit of cooling of the PNG scene next year. Who knows what reality will bring?

It could be your chance to get a foot in the door but go into it with your eyes open. That really applies to everything in PNG though :hmm:.

Dr Who
10th Dec 2008, 01:04
EBCAU,

Thank you very much. I appreciate the advice :)

...still single
10th Dec 2008, 18:02
I think EBCAU was saying it as politely as he possibly could.

Heli-Nuigini, Pacific Helicopters, Hevi-lift, CHC, Southwest Air, I would recommend any of them.

Try these first.

gulliBell
10th Dec 2008, 21:53
Islands are more inclined to hire PNG Nationals, all the other operators are more inclined not to...

fadecdegraded
11th Dec 2008, 20:33
Anyone heard if Helipro (NZ) have a stake in or have bought Islands out, a rumour i heard a while ago.

sergeantrob74
20th Jul 2009, 06:57
Can anyone help with socing helo landing sites throughour various regions of PNG?

gulliBell
20th Jul 2009, 09:06
sergeantrob, I'd be pleased to help answer your question, but first I need help in understanding what your question is :}

blackhand
21st Jul 2009, 08:10
Dr Who
Islands have a 407 operational and a 206L under refurbishment.

Fadecdegraded
Helipro are not in joint venture with Islands.

Gullibell
Thats correct - after all they are owned by Big Julie, Sir Julius Chan to you.

Blackhand

gulliBell
21st Jul 2009, 08:58
Blackhand, thanks, but to me he's simply "Sir J", even in private when I have dinner with him at his mansion over on Huris. Former Prime Minister's deserve some respect.

So the 206L that's "under refurbishment", I take it that's the one rumored to have been pranged on a mountain top near Wewak recently due to being overloaded? 2 drums of diesel at 12,000 feet was it? They should have used the 407 first time around on that job save any untimely "refurbishment" being needed :oh:

blackhand
21st Jul 2009, 09:31
Gullibell
Who's a big name dropper then:suspect:

The helo that "bounced" at Mt Otto is beyond economical repair.

The 2 drums was probably marginal, could have been LTE or the drums hitting the side of the mountain that did it.:ooh:

And when I have dinner with him at his mansion in Mosbi, I just call him mate.
Sir J is used in public or work

Blackhand

gulliBell
21st Jul 2009, 09:58
Actually, I think it was the helicopter bouncing on the mountain top is what did it :ugh:

And as for the big name dropping, I've had reason and the balls to say "no" to Sir J on several occasions in the past, but never "mate". No doubt he's looking after all of his mates on the payroll very well.

We're all just hanging to learn what VCP has in mind when she says to expect bigger and better things from INA in the near future, perhaps she was referring to the 205? whatever happened to that? Last I saw it was stooging around Goroka making much nicer noises than the noise of a helicopter bouncing on a mountain top. I'm sure your mate thinks so to :O afterall, he's the one paying the bills.

blackhand
21st Jul 2009, 10:52
Gullibell
When one has one helicopter flying there has to be bigger and better things ahead.
VCP is always optimistic, that's what makes the game interesting.
Perhaps you should ask her what the plans are, next time you are in Lae or Mosbi
As for brighter future for operators in PNG, think LNG project and the rest of contracts due in the next three months.

HNG 205 is yet to go on contract, but Bruce reckons won't be long.:ok:

Saying no to Sir J was never an issue, he always understood the bottom line.
Others on the board could be difficult.

BTW what years were you at Islands?

Blackhand

gulliBell
21st Jul 2009, 11:29
As blackhand alluded to, get your CV's in guys, word on the street is to send them to ... you guessed it... Mt Hagen. Finally it looks like there might be a contract looming out there with real world numbers on it where the operator can make a reasonable $ and thus be able to pay a reasonable $ to those poor workers who're earning them the $'s. For those who are familiar with the merry-go-round-and-round employment circle in PNG this will be a welcome change.

Night Beetle
22nd Jul 2009, 00:34
You both sound like a pair of w@%k&*s

fadecdegraded
22nd Jul 2009, 01:14
Nightbeetle i could not agree more.:D

As for putting your CV in at Mt Hagen:rolleyes: just because the contract might have some profit in it what makes you think that the pilots will see any of it, wishfull thinking me thinks.

R.OCKAPE
22nd Jul 2009, 02:18
Respect is earnt not bought... He is a corrupt and greedy as the rest of them .. and like the rest only in it for what he could steal from the country.

NotHomeMuch
22nd Jul 2009, 09:09
Any consideration maybe there was a mechanical issue?

heliduck
22nd Jul 2009, 14:27
Apparently the flexible link between the collective & cyclic wasn't working properly:}

blackhand
22nd Jul 2009, 22:16
Rockape eloquently said

Respect is earnt not bought... He is a corrupt and greedy as the rest of them .. and like the rest only in it for what he could steal from the country.

Maybe you would feel better if you could get some of the "corrupt" moni.

I will forward your thoughts onto him - you may want to speak to your legal people about defamation.:E

fadecdegraded
23rd Jul 2009, 06:39
I think they will be busy enough with there own legal actions over unpaid tax in the Solomans to worry about deformation action on a web forum, its nice to know someone cares though

stinkychicken
23rd Jul 2009, 09:52
Are Islands in the Solomon's? they never have been have they, how would they owe tax? :confused:

R.OCKAPE
23rd Jul 2009, 22:06
Maybe you would feel better if you could get some of the "corrupt" moni.

I would want more than the "K2.OO" denominations you prefer

TukTuk BoomBoom
24th Jul 2009, 00:41
Holy crap "Blackhand" are you new or what!

If you think any of those guys arent corrupt you must be new to PNG and if you think threatening people with "im going to tell on you" will get you far youre pretty new to aviation in general
What a tool!!

blackhand
24th Jul 2009, 05:16
f you think any of those guys arent corrupt you must be new to PNG Wot u tok about willis - there is no corruption in PNG, its called doing business

50 Kina to get through a road block drunk - good business
1000 Kina to get your work permit fast tracked - good business
10000 Kina to get your "project" approved - good business

Never happens in Australia:E

So the next time you are caught drunk in a car with two 15year old hanabuda girls
tell the cop you won't pay him and go to Bomona - there you can have non consenting sex with a corrupt guard.

ROCKAPE

Wosat yu tok out long 2 kina meri.
Mipla 200 kina stret. LOL

the wizard of auz
7th Sep 2009, 11:43
Apparently the flexible link between the collective & cyclic wasn't working properly
Bwaahahahahhaa. :ok: