PDA

View Full Version : Helog Ghana

westernswamp
7th Dec 2008, 17:32
Hello Chaps!

Does anyone have any intel on Helog´s HEMS ops in Ghana on the BO105?
Workingconditions, roster, payscale...
Is it VFR, IFR, NVG?

Greatful for any info.
W.

Nubian
7th Dec 2008, 20:57
Not updated web-page I'm afraid.
They had a 105 sitting on the ground there for some time, did a few demo's and took some pictures of it for promotion before it was sent back to Europe 2 years ago as I think......

westernswamp
7th Dec 2008, 21:04
So, what are they flying these days?
W.

Nubian
7th Dec 2008, 21:26
They don't operate helicopters there...

Runway101
8th Dec 2008, 06:07
Just seen an advertising of Helog that they are looking for ("freelance") drivers for Africa. Not sure where though and what they fly (the ad says they provide type ratings). If interested, I could post contact details (of the German office which placed the ad).

bluesafari
8th Dec 2008, 10:34
pm of contact details would be of interest if you dont want to put it on the thread

Nubian
8th Dec 2008, 10:45
They operate ex-BGS (German Boarder police) SA-330J Puma's, and have operation in Sudan and possible in Angola?! (not sure) for oil-field support, but have been in Sierra Leone and The Ivory Coast on UN-contract within the last 3-4 years.
They did loose a puma in a crash in Sudan on a UN-contract a few years ago. With no published report on cause, I believe...

Runway101
9th Dec 2008, 06:34
The address on the ad is the same as on this page:
Helog - Kontakt (http://www.helog-global.com/de/menu_main/kontakt)

The ad says:

For various project in different African countries we are looking for

Pilots (min. JAA CHPL-H, Freelance, good English language knowledge)
(Type ratings can be acquired within the company)
Send detailed application documents with CV and such by mail or you can also e-mail to [email protected]

The ad was in the 4/2008 edition of Rotorblatt, Germans leading (or only?) Helicopter magazine. It came out a week or two ago.

fluffy5
10th Dec 2008, 00:44
Yep I had a run in with Helog, many years ago. when they first wanted pilots for the sudan operation, a few people I know actually went. They had one old 330 in green not in UN colours, that sat on the ground for most of the time, the pilots did about 50hrs in six months, where then helog lost the contract, or all the pilots left. says something when the chief pilot walks in on the first day and said to all the co-pilots "those of you who do not have 1000hrs pic in your log books, come back tomorrow with it in there"
I had a lucky escape :suspect:

tecpilot
14th Dec 2008, 09:52
As i remember HELOG went bankrupt in spring 2008 which was also a disaster to HELOG-Heliswiss. They do not have any further european flight operations as i think. May be they are now trying to develop a new african business through the backdoor, but i would not bet on this.

Philicare
22nd Dec 2008, 21:18
Helog KG (German) and Helog AG (Swiss) took different ways one year ago, because Helog AG/Heliswiss wanted to change the Helog KG general policy (finances ; new chopper policy ; new areas of operation ; etc).
Helog AG went bankrupt after this operation, but Helog KG had new share holders who agreed regarding the company goals.
Helog KG is still operating in Sudan with 3 SA-330J -and soon Bell 206- for oil operations (about 100 hrs/month/heli). They operate 1 SA-330J in Angola (about 30 hrs/month) for Starlite, and they support 2 SA-330J (pilots and engineers) in Ivory Coast. Base Maintenance falicities are located in Khartoum Airport ; Part 145 approved by AustroControl and SCAA.
Helog KG never tried to operate in Europe, they have enough opportunities in Africa. The last SA-330J is positionned in Salzburg (Austria) to support type rating, PPC and OPC

Hedski
26th Dec 2008, 20:58
So is Zagel still at the helm for the KG end?
Fairly obvious from the get go that the UN contract was only a door opener in Africa....... Oil contracts were always the ultimate aggenda!