PDA

View Full Version : Army-Navy Rivalry Turns Trashy

SASless
6th Dec 2008, 01:02
The US Military Academy and US Naval Academy have a very strong rivalry in sports.....particularly Football. Each year the two Corps of Cadets and Midshipmen utilize every opportunity to deride the other school. This year the taunting got really trashy.

This link takes you to a video that shows what lengths the Army cadets went to in order to trash the Middy's.

Army cadets take trash-talking to new heights - wtop.com (http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1539362)

2papabravo
6th Dec 2008, 03:28
Superb waste of taxpayers money :ok:

MightyGem
6th Dec 2008, 12:04
I wonder how close that box came to the tail rotor? Job well done though. :ok:

SASless
6th Dec 2008, 13:57
Having done a bit of parachute dropping from the Huey....and a lot of them being re-supply drops for SpecOps types used a similar method to that used in the video.....I shuddered when I saw what the lads had in mind! It turned out okay in the end but Sheee-it Doc!

ianp
6th Dec 2008, 16:31
Why is there no one over the age of 12 in the back of that cab, I feel old sometimes. Great stunt and good to see some effort going into morale and esprit de corps.

Did have a bit of a cringe though as they pushed a large cardboard box out of the door on the end of a despatcher strap. My own simple personal risk assessment on that one came up with a few spectacular results.:ooh:

nigelh
6th Dec 2008, 17:00
i have caught up the odd plastic bag before which tends to wrap around the blade causing unbalance to say the least . Wouldnt a piece of cardboard box not just get chopped up by the t/r ??

junglie-driver
6th Dec 2008, 18:57
Good drills, only let down by grossly missing the target!! Maybe they sourced the job out to the RAF - whoops..JD:)

Hedge36
7th Dec 2008, 02:31
Given a solid drubbing by Navy at 34-nil, I'd say payback was well in hand.