PDA

View Full Version : Czechoslovak Airlines in deep trouble!

LeadingEdge
5th Dec 2008, 18:17
...Apparently management asked the pilot union to swallow a 22% salary cut. More trouble ahead, it seems! The airline is cutting routes - the PRG-DUB flights will be cancelled in January.

LE:(

RIX BT
5th Dec 2008, 18:40
So bad news.... Sad....
But so mutch another companies have the same situation....
Remember Sterling, and......:(

lc_aerobatics
5th Dec 2008, 20:07
Bad news but I guess you mean Czech Republic? Czech Republic and Slovakia split in 1993.

5th Dec 2008, 20:42
Sad news - only flown with them once, on a MAN - PRG return.
On arrival at PRG it must have been the fastest approach and landing I've ever experienced.

Let's hope a satisfactory outcome can be achieved.

OscarYankee
5th Dec 2008, 20:51
I'm surprised to hear that... read this article less than a month ago: Boarding.no : CSA more than doubled its profit (http://www.boarding.no/art.asp?id=33980)

Heard that Skyeurope is not doing that well... maybe that's the company you are referring to?

LeadingEdge
5th Dec 2008, 21:42
Bad news but I guess you mean Czech Republic? Czech Republic and Slovakia split in 1993.

Partly correct. But the airplanes still have "CSA" written on them, which is the shorthand of Czechoslovak Airlines.

Further news will follow soon, apparently

LE:}

RIX BT
5th Dec 2008, 22:57
The further news can follow from any direction... Currently, many companies are in deep trouble..
Estonian Air will lay off 63 employees – more than ten per cent of its entire staff, writes EPL Online/LETA.

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/transport/files/multi/2008-11/081102_estonian_air.jpg
The redundancy plan concerns the entire enterprise – the flight staff as well as the service on the ground, the commercial and administrative departments.

The enterprise stated that it will offer comprehensive help to employees to be made redundant if the employees wish it, from an analysis on career options to legal and psychological counselling.

After implementing the redundancy plan and reforming the internal organisation of work, Estonian Air will operate nearly 20 direct flight links from Tallinn. In spring Estonian Air will start using three new CRJ300 NextGen aircrafts produced by Bombardier.

JAR-OPS
6th Dec 2008, 11:38
CSA now stands for Ceskč Aerolinie (Czech Airlines) and in the other hand you have Slovak Airlines. Nowadays Czechoslovak Airlines doesn't exist. :ok:

click
6th Dec 2008, 21:23
LE is being facetious, cause they never dropped the S after Slovakia absconded from the union....and yes, the crisis manager CEO has asked for the reopening of the CLA. His theory is that along with the new contract we also received a more equal tax treatment from the center right government so in fact, we should give that up in favor of the company. What he forgets is that the commies are likely to win the election next time around, and we will get shanked. Remember, pilots rich, everyone poor, pilots must pay!