PDA

View Full Version : IR Sim??

Daultonio
5th Dec 2008, 13:16
Who can help me??

I would like to hear peoples views on this and what they would do if they had the choice.

My first plan was to do my IR/CPL and multi engine rating, and the sim i would use for my IR would also be on a multi down in Bournemouth.
but....
There is a possible chance that I could do it on a Single engine Sim for my IR at a much cheaper cost.

Even though I intend to do my multi engine rating, would doing some of my IR on a single engine Sim effect my job prospects and employers would rather be looking for someone who has done there IR on a multi sim.

i dont know the type of Sim.
Thank you

Nashers
5th Dec 2008, 15:24
you need to have a minimum amount of hours on the type of aircraft to do your IR skills test (ie- single or multi). i think its 55 hours but cant remember.

if you do an IR on a multi engine aircraft, you will get a multi engine IR and be allowed to fly Single engine aircrafts as well under IFR rules. if you get a single engine IR you will only be allowed to fly IFR on a single engine aircrafts.

Daultonio
5th Dec 2008, 15:50
thanks you for the reply...... how many hours would i have to do extra to get a multi IR if i had a Single IR even though i have a ME rating

Shunter
5th Dec 2008, 17:34
Upgrading from SE-IR to ME-IR requires 5hrs in a multi-engined aeroplane, of which 3 can be in the sim. Then you have to take the skills test again, of course. If you've got a really good deal on an SE-IR, perhaps you can save some money. Just bear in mind the cost of the skills test!

This assumes you have an MEP rating.