PDA

View Full Version : Bristol GS - Week 2 - What Topics?

Okavango
5th Dec 2008, 11:16
Hi - due to the weather I've got stuck away from home without my laptop and only have my manuals. Could someone be so kind as to let me know what the topics are in week 2 of Bristol GS? I remember it was Gen Nav Chapter 2-5 (I think) - then is it intruments? Appreciate help (will make a written record of progress for future!!). Cheers.

Capt Pit Bull
5th Dec 2008, 11:35
1. You may wish to direct you query at the support forums on bristols website.

2. I think (but don't quote me) that the content of any particular week depends on how long you've said you want to study over.

pb

Okavango
5th Dec 2008, 11:51
I can't get at the support forum as I haven't got access to my verification address. The 'weeks' don't change on the standard format and it's just the itinerary for the standard week 2 that I need. Thanks.

Alex Whittingham
5th Dec 2008, 11:54
Maps & Charts, Mercators through to Grid Nav and progress tests 2, 3 and 4. In the manuals Gen Nav Chapters 4 and 5. Comms Radio theory, Cockpit equipment and Progress Test 1, the equivalent in the manuals of Comms Chapter 1.

Okavango
8th Dec 2008, 11:47
Thanks. Just waiting for my activation code (and away form my home PC) - would appreciate same details for week/frame 3.

Alex Whittingham
8th Dec 2008, 12:52
Gen Nav Chapter 6: Temperatures, heights, speed, distance and time, Progress Test 5.
Met Chapters 1 & 2: The atmosphere, altimetry, temperature, Progress Test 1.
Flight Planning Chapters 1 & 2: Terms & definitions, VFR route planning, Progress Test 1.