PDA

View Full Version : Licencia ATPL espaņola

wind check
5th Dec 2008, 09:08
Hello,

I have a JAA spanish CPL with 1500+ hours total, most of which are on JAR25. Is it possible to unfreeze the ATPL with a non spanish DGAC TRE? or do I need to find a spanish TRE to do so?
What papers do we need?

Gracias.

iggy
5th Dec 2008, 09:48
You need a Spanish TRE for that. You also need logbook and certificate for the hours and, if the hours are flown outside JAR you will need them certified with the Apostilla de La Haya (sorry, I don't know the name in english, try to Google it). In this last case it would be easier to transfer your License to the same country as the TRE that will give you the ATPL.

IMMO, transfer your License at once to another JAR country. Most likely you will take this same option after dealing with those ignorants, this way at least you will not lose time.

More info, PM.

Cheers.

wind check
5th Dec 2008, 10:12
Thank you Iggy, I already knew that the spanish DGAC is extremely bad, but I would have though we could at least unfreeze the licence with any JAA TRE. :ugh:
Fortunately Spain accepts non-spanish Euro coins !!

I will go for a licence conversion then :bored:

Gracias.

wind check
7th Dec 2008, 16:50
Bloody Hell :mad:
Creo que la DGAC espanyolita es la segunda peor cosa que nos puede pasar en aviacion, despues de un fuego en cabina con humo muy toxico :ugh:

I will go for a licence conversion. Which CAA is good for a conversion?
British CAA?
Irish IAA ?
Dutch CAA?
Portuguese one?

Jimmy The Big Greek
7th Dec 2008, 20:33
What I know of, if you are going to change your license you actually need a physical address/employer in that country.

Is not that easy to change it.

iggy
8th Dec 2008, 02:02
Hi Mr. Jimmy,

Not to engaged in useless argues, but I transferred mine from Spain to Germany without any physical address/employment/relation of any kind whatsoever with that country.

I believe, from colleagues that took theirs to another CAA's, that the same applies all over JAR states.

Cheers! :ok:

P.S. German LBA is great but... they don't speak english! Anyway Google translator works just fine. Swedish one is easy (THERE you can make your unfreeze your ATPL with a TRE from another country), but is expensive as hell.

Jimmy The Big Greek
8th Dec 2008, 09:07
Thanks for the info.

I actually tried to transfer my license 2 years ago to U.K and they answered me that I need either a physical address or an employer. But things maybe have changed.

ant1
8th Dec 2008, 18:41
Go Portugal, you don't need a local address

wind check
8th Dec 2008, 18:45
Yes, I heard that as well for the british CAA. However, if you give a friend's address it's fine. In england, when you pay, you are always welcome :)

VIVA JAAs, VIVA ESPANYA :(