PDA

View Full Version : Litter at Myrtle Avenue

PushAndStart
5th Dec 2008, 08:36
I was at Heathrow the other day and was quite disgusted at the amount of litter in the Myrtle Avenue Park. It's all down the southern edge of the park along the line of trees so I'm fairly sure it's planespotters who are to blame...

It was particularly noticable since it was 15:00 and everybody was packing up to go home.

My main concern is that if we leave a mess then we are causing a local nuisance and the police have every right to stop us hanging around there! I appreciate that there aren't any bins but please take your litter home with you!

Like most things I'm sure it's a minority but let's try and lead by example!

Skipness One Echo
5th Dec 2008, 09:30
police have every right to stop us hanging
They seem more interested in the terrorists than the litter bugs IMHO. That litter has been accumulating for years and many parks without an international airport attachment look similar alas.

philbky
5th Dec 2008, 11:37
the police have every right to stop us hanging around there!

No they don't. It's a public recreational space. The litter has been accumulating for years - some people just have no sense of their public responsibilities. They wouldn't leave their litter all over their own gardens, or perhaps they would.

I have seen the council, who own the land, clean it out - about twice in twenty something years.

PPRuNe Pop
6th Dec 2008, 07:14
Whicheverwhichway, be nice, and take your litter home.

PPP

LFT
6th Dec 2008, 08:08
There is, sorry was, a grassy verge area just outside the village of Monkton where people used to park up and watch the comings and goings at PIK, it became increasingly popular but along with that came an increase in litter, and not long after a letter in the local rag by a Monkton resident complaining about the litter was published, the council erected dozens of bollards so the verge can't be accessed now, well done the litter louts. :(

Toodle
6th Dec 2008, 17:00
Perhaps the members of the new "Heathrow aviation enthusiasts scheme" could have an organised litter pick in the area :}

Skipness One Echo
6th Dec 2008, 17:08
a grassy verge area just outside the village of Monkton where people used to park up and watch the comings and goings at PIK

A bin would have been cheaper surely? Anyway good for them, if they can't be arsed to take their rubbish home when they have a car I have no sympathy. Besides, the Station Road is still easily accesible....oh what's the word, by people used to do it way more often......arrrrgh ON FOOT! Yes by God you can walk the 100 yards or so from the village where you can park the car you will be taking your litter home in.