PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways security?

shogan1977
4th Dec 2008, 16:25
Innocent question. I am flying with Jet Airways BRU-JFK-BRU over Christmas holiday period. In light of recent terrorism in India and threat to Indian aviation/airports - should I be concerned about flying with an Indian airline? Would anyone say that Jet Airways is less at risk than Air India? I.e. more stringent security checks/procedures? Is security in India good? Are Indian flights checked more stringently because of increased terrorist threat?

Thank you for your views

FairlieFlyer
5th Dec 2008, 05:37
Jet is very good but its the airport security infrastructure you need to concern yourself with

India has lots of security checks everywhere especially at the airport and always find items other airport checks never do which can be reasssuring

Lots of serious gentlemen everywhere with rifles, moustaches, paperwork, inkstamps and army uniforms

whether its any use? - who knows, as the attacks the other week show

Re Air India - dont even consider it, its terrible

computer jockey
5th Dec 2008, 08:37
You should no more be concerned about flying an Indian airline than a British or American one. Remember that the terrorists in Mumbai were looking for foreigners which is why they attacked two international hotels and a restaurant frequented by foreign tourists.
Security checks and procedures are handled by the airports - Brussels security and the tender mercies of the TSA in JFK.
The experience of flying Jet Airways is infinitely better than Air India, in fact, I prefer to fly Jet rather than the European airlines to and from India.
As for security in India.... Well, not much. But it is a huge country with a vast number of people and surprisingly little trouble. However, I do consider myself lucky to live far from the major metropolises in a sleepy town where the most exciting thing to have happened last week was when the neighbour's dog bit a buffalo which then stampeded and knocked down his (the neighbour's) motorcycle. Oh, how we laughed...