PDA

View Full Version : IR Rating

aviat2008
3rd Dec 2008, 18:27
hey everybody...just a short question..does it make seens to do the IR Rating in spain (cause its way cheaper then some where else in europe)...i heared that the training is really unprofessional and some airlines dont accept a spanish IR Rating.
i was planning to go to aerofan

daria-ox
3rd Dec 2008, 19:12
If the training there is cheaper and worst, it may be worth doing it in your local area for a bit dearer, but at least you'll be taken care of and you'll receive good training up to standards?

acuba 290
3rd Dec 2008, 19:26
clear blue sky and no IMC conditions :ok:

LH2
4th Dec 2008, 09:38
The topic seems to be a favourite here, but in short:

i heared that the training is really unprofessional and some airlines dont accept a spanish IR Rating.

Nah, what you've heard (or read here?) is a load of bollocks. Overall Spain is a better choice than the UK if you intend to be a career pilot (if your goal is to be a career self-pampering pedant, OTOH, stick with the UK, they are good at that).

In any event, at the end of the day, it's not where you train (within reason), it's how good (or bad) you are what makes it or breaks it.

i was planning to go to aerofan

Well, all the above notwithstanding, don't. There are other options in Spain, some cater for foreigners (rather, non Spanish speakers), others do not, some are good others not so much so, but Aerofan is simply not a choice, I am sorry to say.

If you want to get the best out of your training in Spain, the local pilots are the people you want to ask for advice--you will not find many of those here, but if you dig around a bit, you will find a few leads (even Pprune's Spanish Forum might be a good starting point). Being able to at least articulate some Spanish will help you enormously, though.

And no, I will not give more precisions on any of the above points, as I simply do not have the time now. I have tried to point you in the right direction, now it's up to you to go and do your homework. Best of luck with your training.

glush
4th Dec 2008, 21:32
I did my IR at Aerodynamics in Malaga in April/May this year and can recommend them whole heartedly.

Cheers
GLUSH