PDA

View Full Version : CHC Exodus

slyguy
3rd Dec 2008, 12:20
i am hearing rumours of a mass exodus from CHC, with several managers and engineers leaving down south, and several more from engineering management leaving up North!!

Wots going on!

Deiced
3rd Dec 2008, 13:27
What country are you talking about?

platong king
3rd Dec 2008, 14:31
Am afraid you're going to have to be far more specific, CHC covers a fair bit of ground globally. Exodus sounds rather dramatic.

slyguy
3rd Dec 2008, 14:34
This country,

North denes and Aberdeen

Hoppit
3rd Dec 2008, 14:37
I hear the CHC SNS is in a real state. Contracts lost, talk of redundancies, unhappy customers, even unhappier workforce, etc

chcoffshore
3rd Dec 2008, 16:16
Don't let a rumour get in the way of the truth:rolleyes: People move about.

Horror box
3rd Dec 2008, 16:34
News to me too. Exodus it aint - fairly normal movement closer to the reality, but dont let that get in the way of someones hot gossip. Sounds like a good bit of sh1t stirring though, and look forward to seeing the rest of the replies! :D

helimutt
3rd Dec 2008, 22:43
and where would these wayward souls go to? Maybe when Bond finally takes over most of the SNS CHC base work and assets, then that will be nice juicy bit of gossip.

unstable load
3rd Dec 2008, 23:57
Don't let a rumour get in the way of the truth:rolleyes: People move about.

That's all well and good,but are the aircraft moving on too?

That is probably more important to the greater picture than people leaving because the causes of people leaving can quite often be fixed by "moving" a few strategic people.

check
4th Dec 2008, 07:59
I hear the CHC SNS is in a real state. Contracts lost, talk of redundancies, unhappy customers, even unhappier workforce, etc

Two out of four isn't too bad Contract(s) lost and unhappy customer(s)

coning angel
4th Dec 2008, 08:05
CHC exodus? "Exodus" derives from the Greek Ἔξοδος, Exodos, meaning "departure, out-going," the name given to the book in the Septuagint, a Greek translation of Jewish scriptures made between the 3rd to 1st centuries BC.

:D

CHC in Great Yarmouth are moving a few people to other bases. A little bird told me. Rumour has it that due to a change in contracts, :ooh:, one of their other bases will be short of pilots so there are some people moving north. Also heard that CHC are looking to rid itself of it's southern Uk assets due to the fact they are no longer very profitable. Another rumour springs forth from the mill.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Don't all of the CHC UK bases work a different work pattern to each other? Maybe people are moving for an improvement? Who knows.

DOUBLE BOGEY
4th Dec 2008, 08:31
I am a CHC driver and we have a pretty good working life at the moment with decent terms and conditions. Certainly the best pension scheme in the Country right now thanks to the dedication and hard work of the Pension Trustees, BALPA, and it has to be said.... our management.

Because of this we probably have overheads resulting from our terms and conditions that could be exploited by our competitors to eeek a commercial advantage and I think you will find that the management are doing all they can to make the operations efficient and cost effective so fundemental change to our lives is minimised, but probably not assurred.

I know my collegues at the Southern bases are utterly committed to providing the very best support they can to our customers, sometimes to the dismay of CHC employees further afield so I find it very hard to accept that our customers are displeased with the local workforces at our Southern bases.

Having said that modern business management strategy within the oil industry is no different from elsewhere and in their own drive to save money the movement of contracts between service providers can seem very fickle, and at times, downright unfair to those who have worked hard at providing and maintaining a good service.

Having experienced the ethos and manner of our guys down South they should be proud of their reputation for being determined to provide a solid service. They know that they key to their personal stability is the satisfaction of their customers, even if they only have one at the time.

helimutt
4th Dec 2008, 09:36
DOUBLE BOGEY, as a SNS co-pilot, I agree with what you say. Unfortunately, I think a lot of the problem seems to be a failure of communication and also the lack of resources for the 139's. These have not been anywhere near as serviceable as one would hope. There are other things which I feel shouldn't be discussed on a public forum so not going to mention them here. As questioned above, North Denes do work a different roster to Humberside. We are trying to address this at present but progress is slow. We try our best to keep the customer happy. After all, isn't that who we're flying for, and without them, we wouldn't be flying at all, but saying that, things do need to be kept in perspective. Pilots can't be expected to just bend over and take it every time something changes, over which they have no control anyway. That's why we have a Union isn't it?

That aside, it would appear, from a personal point of view only, that different bases have a different work mentality, maybe because of the nature of the contracts.

killabeez
4th Dec 2008, 12:01
>> RUMOUR<< also has it CHC are possibly going to purchase Bond, once again. ?

helimutt
4th Dec 2008, 12:12
I'm just glad to have a job right now! :ok:

quichemech
4th Dec 2008, 12:38
>> RUMOUR<< also has it CHC are possibly going to purchase Bond, once again. ?

That is a very good one to start!:ok:

Which bit of Bond though?:rolleyes:

More Cash for the Bond brothers!:D

DOUBLE BOGEY
4th Dec 2008, 14:43
If that rumour is true BP will have kittens, or probably even a big tabby cat. In any case the pidgeons will definitley scatter.

Don't you just love rumours!!!!

Thomas coupling
4th Dec 2008, 17:22
Bond or Scotia?

killabeez
4th Dec 2008, 18:25
If your meaning 'Bond purchase CHC' now THAT is funny :D ?

Non-PC Plod
4th Dec 2008, 19:51
Could be Brooke Bond, or Basildon Bond?:}

unstable load
5th Dec 2008, 00:09
I spoke to a mate who works in one of those bases and his opinion is thus...

what exodus? We have 2 pilots leaving to go home to denmark and belguim. Yes we have lost contracts, but filled the flights with ad-hoc ones(a @*$^ sight more profit). redundancies? news to me.

minigundiplomat
5th Dec 2008, 16:56
There are plenty of military rotary guys on their 5th, 6th, 7th Aghanistan rotation and looking to make a move in the near future.

chcoffshore
5th Dec 2008, 19:33
Are they working for CHC aswell...............:p

Taxidriver009
6th Dec 2008, 00:57
Will you please ask the boyz in Afganistan to finish off their sh!t before they make a move. All I ask for is to be treated like a normal citizen, not a suspect terrorist, when travelling abroad. :ugh:

Seeing that you enjoy flying there at sunrise so much, that includes you. Good hunting! :ok:

Apologies for digressing from main thread....

chcoffshore
16th Dec 2008, 07:03
Whats going on in Humberside? I see more crews are required. More contracts or?

helimutt
16th Dec 2008, 10:02
More crews required? Who says this? Where is this written? :hmm:

chcoffshore
16th Dec 2008, 10:06
Have a look on the intranet:ok:

MamaPut
16th Dec 2008, 18:27
It seems you guys are all working in Europe. Try being with CHC Global in Nigeria (or most other places in Africa) and you'll find that after 12 have already been laid off or 'redeployed' (yeah right) most of the pilots are either actively looking elsewhere or praying for deliverance :yuk:

Hoppit
16th Dec 2008, 20:16
Mamaput - sorry to hear that. Are the redundancies due to contracts being lost or is it First Reserve exercising their 'Growth' theory!?!?

As for Humberside, I hear that due to a loss of contracts, and a contract being moved from North Denes to Humberside (unsatisfied customer), there's a requirement to move some staff from ND to Hum (or I guess they will see redundancies) :eek:

helimutt
16th Dec 2008, 20:38
It's a simple maths thing. Humberside are requiring 10 more pilots to fulfil contractual requirements. North denes have a slight temporary surplus of pilots due to contractual changes at this moment in time. I can't see more external hiring as there are enough pilots wanting to stay in work and help out at HUY.

Hoppit
16th Dec 2008, 20:46
...slight temporary surplus of pilots...

Is 10 slight? How big is ND then?

And how temporary is temporary?