PDA

View Full Version : Airline Interview

G-BFUN
3rd Dec 2008, 10:43
Hi
I hope everyone is well.
Does anyone have any advice on the actual airline interview, not tech. aspects but just general questions they may ask?
Anyone been through an airline interview recently and have any advice?
I have done searches on prev. threads but I havn't found anything overly usefull, as its mainly about tech stuff.
If anyone does have any advice or can point me in the right direction with a link I would be most thankfull.
:)

ElitePilot
3rd Dec 2008, 17:07
The usual tell me your strengths and weaknesses is always a favourite. Try not to stitch yourself up!:rolleyes:

Also what would you do in various situations... Gearing up towards CRM and whether you'd fit in. Are you a team player? Describe a time you've shown leadership...

CAT3C AUTOLAND
3rd Dec 2008, 17:07
G-BFUN,

In a nutshell it really depends on the airline. Some airlines treat the interview as a casual affair, with a relaxed attitude and questions about you and your past, with little or no tech questions, and others ask you to jump through several hoops.

I have been through the process a number of times and on a whole there is a fairly broad spectrum to consider. If you can, try to speak to people face to face about their own experiences. Obviously you are trying to get feedback through PPRUNE, but try and communicte with other pilots who have been through the process.

This may seem obvious, but research the airline thoroughly. Make sure you know their routes, who is who in the company, their business strategy, the types of aircraft they fly and the fleet. Be prepared to be asked about you, your past and where you see yourself in the future. It is also worth being fairly comfortable with answering basic tech questions. A number of airlines also give you scenario type questions, like 'give me an example of.....' so it pays to think about that, BA use this type of questioning, along with BMI. As I mentioned above, some airlines take the relaxed approach, where you walk away thinking, was that it? And also wonder why you got so worked up about the interview :).

After getting my first job, I have come across guys who are involved in recruitment, and alot of time the bottom line is, if you are a well rounded person with a sensible head on your shoulders, and have the ability to get on with others and you have the ticks in the right boxes regarding your licences you get the job :ok:.

All the best, I hope the above helps you.

Take care.

shgsaint
4th Dec 2008, 09:00
G-BFUN,

Check you PM's mate. :ok:

SHG.

nuclear weapon
9th Dec 2008, 08:29
All airlines are different and i will advice you that whichever one you want to apply to simply come on these forums and look for a thread on the recruitment process as there are plenty of feedback here.
If there is anything you're unsure of simply send a pm to any of the posters that you feel will have something relevant to tell you and in all the cases I've tried they've replied.