PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Underwater Escape Training

EESDL
2nd Dec 2008, 16:19
looking at making up a course for HUET at Teeside.
2 places left
any takers?
looking around Jan-Early Feb 09
to include fire fighting and first aid.

Alternatively - can anyone offer 2 places on a similiar course.
uk or europe?

Not looking to fulfill AOC requirements - just enhancing training for private corporate flying

Qualityman
2nd Dec 2008, 16:31
That'll be a first EESDL, you've never been near water in your life! ;)

jellycopter
2nd Dec 2008, 17:36
QM

D didn't say that HE was planning on attending the course!

Trying to enhance his own training would be a first too! :}

JJ

whyisitsohard
2nd Dec 2008, 22:28
I did this at the place in Southampton and it's FUC888G scary. NEVER, EVER agaain will I do that. I take my hats off to you guys who have to do it, how often? three yearly or something to keep flying???
My airline dinghy drills involved jumping into a pool and being dragged into a rubber boat by eight twenty-something bikini clad babes! That'll do me.

Good experience though, the ditching exercise. But only once.

D

whoateallthepies
3rd Dec 2008, 06:28
Whyisit

The Southampton Trainer is a cramped, claustrophobic little box. I've been through there a couple of times. The larger fuselage used at Nutec I find less constricting and more pleasant all round (if you can describe underwater escape as pleasant!).

oldbeefer
3rd Dec 2008, 08:21
It's the 'upside down at night in the back and have to escape through the front' that got to me!

206Fan
3rd Dec 2008, 12:28
I take it you have to do these dunk courses for flying offshore??

Think i might get back into the swimming:}

EESDL
3rd Dec 2008, 14:08
Foolish not to really - if you fly over water - and I consider Norfolk to Belgium far enough for a new Starflex to fall apart!

Managed to get on a Dunker course at that Yeovilton as part of my resettlement years ago but trying to get somewhere closer to home this time. Had the classic post-currynight symptoms and had to keep repeating one of the Dunks due to a fellow pilot not doing the drills correctly - happy days!

JJ
Choppers in deep maintenance until Feb so trying to spend some 'train to gain' funding - and thought co-pilot would appreciate getting dunked!

QM
Did you sort out that Silverstone fracas?

jellycopter
3rd Dec 2008, 15:04
D

If you're struggling to spend you 'train to gain' funding you could always sponsor me through the Dauphin Type-rating!

JJ

Rich Lee
3rd Dec 2008, 15:58
Is there a helicopter dunker (and associated HUET course) near London?

MikeNYC
3rd Dec 2008, 16:40
Rich-

While in USA, not UK, there is the course in Groton, CT, in case you didn't know about it: Survival Systems USA, Inc. - About Us (http://www.survivalsystemsinc.com/adc.htm)

206Fan
3rd Dec 2008, 17:02
Does the Royal Navy not train their drivers near london on the dunk course??

Mel Effluent
3rd Dec 2008, 19:40
Rich,

PETANS in Norwich is probably the closest.

Petans - Professional Safety and Offshore Survival Training (http://www.petans.co.uk/)

budgie 75
31st Dec 2008, 14:48
Hey guys.

Im not in the helicopter world anymore. But i do work at flack nutec part time, So if any of you have any question's please pm me, And ill let you know how to get yourself some discount.:ok:
About Falck Nutec (http://www.nutec.no/en/home/about_falck_nutec.htm)

Happy new year
Budgie

rufus.t.firefly
31st Dec 2008, 15:18
Fleetwood Nautical College regularly used by the local offshore crews for training as well as aircrew:ok:

Excellent facilities supposedly

Brilliant Stuff
31st Dec 2008, 15:21
Fleetwood spent a lot of money on their pool in the last 3 years, before that it was a bit bare but it taught me what I needed to know.

EESDL
5th Jan 2009, 14:36
Mods: Not advertising as nowt to do with Nutec - just trying to get another pilot on course.........

Have booked a 1-day course at Falck Nutec Ltd Teeside for Weds 5th Feb.
HUET/First Aid am
Firefighting pm

Need one more victim to make up minimum 4 people.
Please PM or email company direct if anyone would like to attend

KNIEVEL77
5th Jan 2009, 15:12
I'm sure I did a day on Tyneside somewhere being dunked, South Shields maybe, can't quite remember though it was so long ago!!

whyisitsohard,

You and me too, never again.......I hated it, too claustrophobic for my liking!