PDA

View Full Version : £1300 recruitment bounty scheme

stickmonkeytamer
2nd Dec 2008, 08:36
I've just opened my morning mail...The first 200 serving personnel who successfully pressgang their kids or neighbours into the RAF in specific trades/ branches will receive a £1300 (gross) bounty under this new scheme, upon successful completion of IOT or RTS.

Is this a bit like the "Introduce a friend to Sky" scheme?

SMT

ALM In Waiting
2nd Dec 2008, 08:49
Which trades? I'll bet pilot isn't amongst them:}

ZH875
2nd Dec 2008, 09:02
Branch
ATC
FC
OSB (Flt Ops)
RAF Regt
PMRAFNS
WSOp(L)
SNCO ATC

Ground Trades
CIS OM
Int An
FOA
Steward
Supplier
Pers Admin
Regt Gunner
AMM (Av)
AMM (M)

Seems strange that there is a shortage of Pers Admin, Doesn't JPA work or something?:rolleyes:

Al R
2nd Dec 2008, 09:44
Not sure what some of those bottom abbreviations are, but I know a young man who is considering a career. Maybe then.. just maybe.. I could convince him that being a steward would offer him more than being a technician? :hmm:

:{ Technician, the shame of it.

mr fish
2nd Dec 2008, 12:03
£1300 sounds a bit too much for a bounty, 57p at our corner shop!!
on reflection this post is not funny- sorry, i have a cold:(

effects
2nd Dec 2008, 13:55
To advertise our modern Air Force on the flyer they have chosen a crewman hanging beneath a yellow....................Wessex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charliegolf
2nd Dec 2008, 14:05
How does one sign up to be a SNCO ATCer? Will they be called 'plastics'?

CG

The Adjutant
2nd Dec 2008, 14:59
I bet it don't apply to reservists. I've got about 20 of 'em about to join my RAuxAF Sqn from civi street. I could afford to retire!!!

EdSett100
2nd Dec 2008, 16:54
If you are aircrew (or aircraft trade) and you don't know what an AMM is, you haven't been paying attention. For those of us who need educating and can't arsed to research the RAF careers website:

Initially, you will be trained and serve as an Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic, where you will gain valuable experience of working around aircraft and be part of a team preparing aircraft for take-off and checking for damage and wear after they return from a flight. During this phase, you will be given the opportunity to assist with the replacement of both mechanical and avionic components, regardless of your future technician trade.
Following a period of further training, you will then be a qualified Aircraft Technician (Avionics) and able to carry out the full range of responsibilities of the job, diagnosing and repairing more serious faults and carrying out complex maintenance tasks.

These are the young people who service and refuel your aircraft.

lazyrs1
2nd Dec 2008, 17:04
looked like my weekends were going to be busy dropping coins into pints until I realised it was for the first 200. If recruitment is so bad what on earth is 200 going to do (I thought they were after about 4000!). Tight arses!

Fire 'n' Forget
2nd Dec 2008, 17:16
So what is stopping 'someone' standing outside the AFCO handing these out? :suspect:

Biggles225
3rd Dec 2008, 10:27
And who says you cant sell your children? :eek: