PDA

View Full Version : CFA,Oshawa canada

bharati737
1st Dec 2008, 18:35
Hey guys just wanted your view about one private school in canada.I have taken my entire training with CFA in canada 2 years ago and always had trouble with the CFI,i mean he was not in helping out attitude,actually was very trouble maker.Few of friends(Indians) at the same school had same problems.we didn't do anything since in hurry to get CPL and :mad: out of there.
Now recently one of my relative's son doing training there and having troubles dealling with same CFI and now dispatcher too.He is calling more towards racism since few more Indian students facing same.
Anybody had any experience with the same school??

bharati737
7th Dec 2008, 23:01
Well !! I think nobody is here who had some experience with the school or they all are very busy to save their jobs with airliners....:confused:

gambitpro
17th Feb 2009, 01:37
I don't know too much about CFA, so can't comment. I'm at the "other" flight school at Oshawa Municipal Airport. That place is not bad - decent quality training, and no racism issues - they have instructors from all over the place, and Indian students as well as instructors. And the CFI is a pretty decent guy.

I checked CFA's per hour prices, and this other school is cheaper.

Also have a reasonably-priced package deal (3 phases), so no inflated ground-briefings to pay for. If your cousin has been having problems at CFA, maybe he should take a look at DFC. Let me know and I can put him in touch with an instructor there.

Good luck with your flying. :ok:

HOTROD_0414
17th Feb 2009, 09:16
I have done some part of my flying at CFA and never faced such problem. May be i was there only for a month and most of the times i only interacted with my instructor and never the CFI. Even the dispatcher were good to me, but again most of the communication to them also was through my instructor and he was awesome.
As far as being racist is concerned, one of my friend had same problem some where else and then all he had to do was contact Transport Canada and seek their help.
Sooooo you know who now to contact..http://static.pprune.org/images/icons/46.gif

bharati737
18th Feb 2009, 09:05
Thanks guys!

preduk
18th Feb 2009, 12:22
I was speaking to the flight school in June last year and they seemed nice but it was only a quick chat. Nice airport though.