PDA

View Full Version : Dar Spalty.

griffothefog
1st Dec 2008, 15:15
Just picked the thread from Bristow photo's about Dar Spalty.... Can anyone confirm his recent sad demise? Worked with Dar in ADA a few years ago and got to enjoy my trips with him talking about his small holding in the states etc, real nice fellow... Last I heard he had gone back to ERA to earn big bucks nearer home. :ok:

RIP Buddy....

SASless
1st Dec 2008, 16:41
I had an email from Dave Adams telling me of Dar's passing due to cancer. He was working at ERA just prior to his death.

Another one moves on!:(

finalchecksplease
1st Dec 2008, 18:33
Sad to hear this news: enjoyed flying with him & hearing all about his Alpaca’s. He also told us loads of interesting & funny stories from his long & diverse flying career that took him to a lot different places all around the world.

RIP Dar ... :sad:

js0987
2nd Dec 2008, 00:09
Sorry to hear about Dar. I knew him back in Abu Dhabi in the mid 70's. After my 4 month stint with Felton in 76, I tried to warn Dar about working there. He didn't listen. We flew together for Air Log till he got crossways with our base manager and decided he had a better future at ERA. Dar was with ERA for over 20 years. Last time I talked to Dar, he was going to work for one of Bristow's Nigeria operations.

I learned how to do auto body work and air conditioning repair from Dar and was a little jealous of the massive folder of gorgeous Russian women who wanted to marry him. I always enjoyed flying with Dar - he was a good friend.

God Speed Dar
Jay Slagle

unstable load
2nd Dec 2008, 12:20
Rest in peace, Dar.

I met him in Warri when he joined BHNL and really enjoyed the tales he told.

You will be sadly missed, my friend.

UL