PDA

View Full Version : atp training, dubai

enquiry
1st Dec 2008, 06:03
Hi.
I'm looking for any information about ''dubai aerospace enterprise flight academy'' in ''Ras Al Khaimah'' Dubai. DAE Flight Academy > Home (http://www.daeflightacademy.com/).

I'm considering an ATP ground course over there. if anyone has any info about the school, instructors, quality of the same, professionalism, etc.

Thank you in advance.

agent.oen
1st Dec 2008, 07:24
Looks like a brand new academy and I'd guess, brand new aircraft. Knowing Dubai they probably splashed a bit of money around the whole thing so I'm really sure everything IS state of the art as they say... Looks nice but I dont know anything about this academy.

enquiry
1st Dec 2008, 10:20
tanx.. i expect the same.

SilveR5
1st Dec 2008, 10:52
To "agent.oen":

Yes, you are right...however, it's a bit vague situation at the moment for the academy, considering the bankruptcy of "Eclipse Aviation" (supplier of their multi-engine A/C Eclipse 500) and financial difficulties facing Cirrus (supplier of their single engine A/C). One cannot tell how would this affect the starter academy.

To "enquiry":

1) DAE Flight Academy does not offer customized courses. Meaning that their program is a standard zero-to-fATPL with TR on Eclipse 500. I doubt that they can offer ATPL ground school course only.
2) The type of license that you will obtain is Emirate's GCAA approved license (ICAO member state). It's not FAA nor JAA license. The theory material is JAA compliant, and this doesn't really mean anything more than the word "compliant". So you should consider this if you will need to do license conversion later on.

All the best

flyingman88
1st Dec 2008, 17:04
Ive never heard of the flight school there but Dubai is an amazing place! That surely has to be a factor when choosing a flight school!