PDA

View Full Version : Canary Islands

1beer
29th Nov 2008, 08:33
Hola cicos,
I'm looking to have information or advice about airlines with home base in Canary Island. I would like to move there, but I need more information.
I know Binter Canarias and Islas Airways, but I don't know if they need pilots, minimum requirements, kind of life, salary, etc..
Any Info will be really appreciated!
Thanks
Bye

seasexsun
29th Nov 2008, 11:24
Binter dont recuit anymor, they just take people in Naysa (wich is the same, but salary is lower, binter pilots were extremely well paid, 11 000 euros for captains), but anyway, if you are not Canarian and (not "or") if you dont have a big "enchufe" you will never ever get in Islas nor Naysa.
You can try Swiftair, we do have operations in canaries and we also fly for Binter/naysa.
Otherwise, Air Europa has a base in canaries.
Good luck:E

pablo2973
29th Nov 2008, 15:27
Yes ,you forgot to say that he needs also a big enchufe as well to get in Swiftair , Mr Bustamante , can make him wait for months and months one month after the other without saying a word about recruitment :ugh:.
swiftair also charges a lot of money for type rating and hours on ATR , dont forget Mr Moreno´s brother earns his living from there and Iberia , so if he is already type rated unless he is a captain he WONT be hired .
Just an Advice to this italian fellow, Go anywhere except Spain:=.

seasexsun
29th Nov 2008, 18:39
Pablo, you must be frustrated, you alway complain on the foros.
I paid my type rating in SWT for less money than in atr training center, and I had the opportunity to fly at least 500 hours on the atr after the type rating, wich is not the case in atr training center. Now I have a fixe contract and i am a happy guy.

1beer
3rd Dec 2008, 12:07
Thank for the Info guys! Really appreciated!
I'm allready flying on Atr so no problem with type rating and hours on Atr:ok:
I will try to contact Naysa,Islas and Swift air, I will inform of any news.
Do you have any contact or person to contact to give me?
What about Swift air? Salary, routes, schedule, way of living, peoples etc?
Thanks guy

If you need info or I can help you, let me know!
Bye

seasexsun
3rd Dec 2008, 14:43
in which company do you currently flying beer1? in swiftair you can interest them as a captain, if you have command hours on the atr already. And you can also have a base in canary. If you are first oficer, you won´t interrest them, they now recruit people without type rating. Routes are interesting depending on what is your base. In canary we fly for Naysa on the ATR72-500 PAX.
Keep us informed on your jobsearch in canary, but bear in mind all canarian pilots want to join those companies and many of those are jobless with an atr type rating.

Do you know anything about air dolomiti?

good luck :ok:

jimbobs
8th Dec 2008, 15:43
I live in tenerife and the airlines i know that are based in the canary islands are: Islas Airways, Iberia, Air Europa, Spanair, Binter Canarias , Volar airways, LTE Airways. Lanza Cargo, Swift cargo, Serair, .

Geebz
30th Dec 2008, 14:26
I have 3000 hrs on the ATR with 1500 of it in command. Also TRI/ TRE on ATR with 8800+ total time, 6000 PIC. Would I be considered for an ATR job in Canary?

Thx.

seasexsun
30th Dec 2008, 18:20
...the answer is....NO :E