PDA

View Full Version : Beech 1900 Operators

WhinerLiner
29th Nov 2008, 08:28
Which operators in the region operate Beech 1900's. What are the typical requirements?

caminito
22nd Dec 2008, 11:23
Avior Airlines have some Be190 D in Venezuela

pablo2973
29th Dec 2008, 14:09
Servicios aereos profesionales, operate B1900 from Santo Domingo , dominican Republic ,I believe you have to speak spanish though.
Good luck

The Dominican
29th Dec 2008, 15:24
Servicios aereos profesionales, operate B1900 from Santo Domingo , dominican Republic ,I believe you have to speak spanish though.
Good luck

Right now the CAA of the Dominican Republic is NOT issuing licenses to foreigners (strong gains by the pilot union)

belliott
3rd Jan 2009, 01:41
Skyking... Turks and Caicos... if they aren't out of business.... I don't know.
Ameriflight.... San Juan, PR.
Corporate Air.... Aguadilla, PR.... not hiring.
Avior.... Venezuala.... gotta be Venezualen citizen if I am not wrong.
Prams.... San Juan,PR.
MN Aviation..... San Juan, PR.

Thats all I can think of.

pablo2973
3rd Jan 2009, 14:21
YES that is correct ,but the B1900 servicios aereos operate have N -registrations I believe or at least they used to , on top of that ,if they really want you to fly one of their planes ,they just have to phone DGAC and they issue you the licence in a flash .

The Dominican
4th Jan 2009, 05:55
YES that is correct ,but the B1900 servicios aereos operate have N -registrations I believe or at least they used to , on top of that ,if they really want you to fly one of their planes ,they just have to phone DGAC and they issue you the licence in a flash .

Things have indeed changed a LOT in the DR aviation scene and at SAP Pablo, I was the first 1900 captain on the part 135 (US certification based in San Juan) for SAP. and at one point we had 5 1900's and only one was "HI" registered, the other 4 where "N" registered as you pointed out, SAP is not operating the US part 135 certificate anymore and they only have 2 1900's left and both are "HI" registered and I know all their captains personally for over 15 years, I have flown with all of them.

In the other hand, the DGAC has also changed a lot since back in the day and they have cleaned house (by a mandate from the current government) to be able to obtain the authorization to fly commercially to the US (which they obtained already), the #2 at the DGAC and I learned to fly together back in 1980 and we remain good friends. All the foreign pilots that used to fly at SAP, Caribair and in some other corporate jobs have had their licenses canceled or simply not renewed as their medicals became due. I don't know if it will change in the future, but I can assure you that currently the DR is NOT an ex pat market