PDA

View Full Version : Venezuela ATC contacts

sirinx
29th Nov 2008, 08:13
Hello all,

Does anyone by chance have any phone numbers (or other than AFTN) of ATC in Venezuela? Caracas ACC or TWR at SVMG would be the best..
Urgent issues - we were told that a permit has been issued to us but we did not receive it and we need to confirm whether this is true or not. As the flight should be operated tomorrow... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Pavlina, TVS

sirinx
29th Nov 2008, 08:30
I've been unsuccessfully looking for their AIP (even asking at CFMU/IFPS for help), I tried asking Czech ATC provider and other airlines... Still no success :-(

GVA Dispatch
29th Nov 2008, 10:25
Hi there,

Did you use a local handler/agent to issue the permit? We fly there quitte often and use Universal which always managed to get the permit issued without any trouble. And I wouldn't rely too much on a 'positive' answer by ATC confirming that you're authorized to land. The permit process is quitte complex and if you didn't receive a permit nbr I would suggest to get in touch with your agent asap! Any questions, let me know.

Ciao,

GVA Dispatch

sirinx
29th Nov 2008, 11:13
Yes, I know the process is very complicated...

The issue is that due to unavailability of the aircraft that was originally intended to operate the flight a wet-least a/c should fly tomorrow.
Our agent in Caracas informed us yesterday that in such case he is not able to arrange the permit (apparently, unlike in other countries, in Venezuela they issue the permit to the operator of the specific aircraft, not to the company under whose callsign the flight is operated).

Since then, many people have been involved in solving this problem and we have information that the permit WAS actually issued. We have not received it, though, and while we are trying to find out WHO might have it (as various companies were involved in the process), we would like to try asking the ATC unit -- they should have the information on whether or not any such permit exists..

GVA Dispatch
29th Nov 2008, 12:59
AIRPORT AUTHORITY

+58 295 269 1135
AIRPORT INFO +58 295 269 1580 AIRPORT/TOWER +58 295 269 1157 AIS +58 295 269 1087 CUSTOMS +58 295 269 1057 INFO +58 295 269 1081 MAIN S/BOARD +58 295 269 1117

Good luck!

GVA Dispatch

sirinx
29th Nov 2008, 13:31
Looks like these are the same numbers we have received from various people throughout the process. Hard to find someone to pick up the phone there, let alone speak English :-)
So far we have learned that the CAA (INAC) sends confirmations about permit to airport authorities, not to ATC units, and we have been told that the permit for us has been granted. No one seems to know the permit number, though. We were told to send the aircraft over, that it will be no problem ;-) Will try a couple of more phone calls and try to get it in written form.

Thanks for your help.

GVA Dispatch
29th Nov 2008, 13:39
Which agent are you using? If it's Universal I can maybe give you some mobile numbers of people in charge.

sirinx
29th Nov 2008, 14:48
GVA> please see the PM .. thank you

sirinx
29th Nov 2008, 15:09
Uh... after two days of efforts we got a permit number now. Without any written evidence, only confirmed by phone, but at least it is something.
Let's hope they won't ground the aircraft tomorrow due to missing permit.

Thanks a lot for your effort!