PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get on to PPRUNE

BeechNut
28th Nov 2008, 01:10
I have a weird problem: I can't log onto PPRUNE from my home network. First couple of tries I thought pprune might be down, as I couldn't access it from either of my Macs, nor the Vista partition on my Mac Pro, nor on my XP laptop. Then I read a thread on another aviation site quoting something on pprune today. So I tried my blackberry and behold I could log on. So I pulled my XP laptop out of my wireless router connection, and used an old dial-up account and sure enough I can log on.

My firewall somehow appears to be blocking pprune. The error I get is, "operation could not be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302)."

The router is an Apple Airport Extreme 802.11n, secured with WPA/WPA2. Never given me a spot of trouble. Any hints? I can ping my router OK, and I can't ping the individual computers behind the router, so the firewall is doing its job.

I'm not a big network expert, but I miss pprune!

Saab Dastard
28th Nov 2008, 13:35
Assuming that you were able to in the past, the simplest thing might be to restore your router to factory defaults - see the manual for "how to".

Note down the current settings before doing so.

SD

BeechNut
28th Nov 2008, 22:21
I fiddled with my router settings and changing DNS servers. Then I happened upon a website that indicates my ISP is in the habit of blocking websites it doesn't like for whatever obscure reason. In the meantime I can get on using a proxy server, while I figure out what's wrong. I'll try the defaults.

Beech