PDA

View Full Version : Logging Of Skill Test

greekboy
27th Nov 2008, 17:02
Hello ppruners

Just got my IR and wanted to know whether i should log the skill test for the IR as P1 or Put if it was a partial pass first time round?

thanx

gb

Nashers
27th Nov 2008, 17:07
any skills test:

if you fail, its dual time

if you partial, its dual time

if you pass its p1 time AS LONG AS the examiner signs you logbook.

eg: you partial your IR and need to go up again in which you then pass. the partial is put under dual time, but the next flight which you pass on in p1 as long as the examiner signs it.

if they do not sign your logbook, the caa may tell you that you can not log the flight as p1.

Shunter
27th Nov 2008, 17:40
Why do they need to sign the logbook? Surely the fact that your IR application (signed by the examiner) will be accompanied by your logbook is sufficient? Logbook, signature, just in different places. That's the way it's worked on every skills test I've done.

Pass: P1S
Fail: PUT

greekboy
27th Nov 2008, 18:21
thanx alot guys

gb

Nashers
27th Nov 2008, 18:45
they sign you log book as they are the commander of the aircraft and are the ones who sign the techlog as well. if you want to claim p1 hours, they will have to sign your logbook for you to claim it.

forgot to add, the autograph they give you on your pass certificate is just to say you have passed and is for licence application. nothing to do with who is incharge of the aircraft.

Shunter
27th Nov 2008, 19:31
If you say so...

CAA have never questioned any of the time I've logged as P1S when my logbooks have been inspected during license/rating application. Only signatures I have in my logbook are for differences training (VP, RG, turbo etc..).

Nashers
28th Nov 2008, 04:16
i did not say that the caa WILL NOT allow you to claim the time. i said they MAY not allow you.

i asked this question as well because the examiner for my cpl told me i could log the test as p1 but did not sign it. i was worried they the caa might not accept it but still kept it as p1. it went through without a problem. if the dude checking up on my paperwork was having a bad day, maybe i would not have got away with it... who knows!

just remember when putting the flight in your logbook, the commanders name is your examiners name, but you put the time under the p1 section and have it signed.

BigGrecian
28th Nov 2008, 12:17
LASORS has the answer and it must be signed to be able to log it as P1.

Doesn't matter what your examiner said/did - it's clearly laid out under recording of flight time case J:

Pilot undergoing any form of flight test with a JAA or CAA authorised examiner

PIC U/S for successful test. P/UT for unsuccessful test

For successful test:
Enter the time in the P1 column and have it certified by the aircraft commander.
For unsuccessful test:
Enter time in 'Dual' column

Streety
28th Nov 2008, 13:00
Except that in the line under that one in LASORS it says that you can also undergo a flight test in the capacity of co-pilot in which case you log it as P2.

I did my IR before my CPL and had to log the flight test as P2. I can't remember exactly, and I'm struggling to find the reference in LASORS/JAR-FCL, but as I recall you need at least an ICAO PPL to undertake the IRT. I was doing my IRT using my NZ PPL but didn't have a 'Type Rating' in my NZ logbook for the aircraft on which the test was to be done. I therefore couldn't act as PIC for the aircraft.

When I later did my CPL, the LST for that resulted in an MEP, under which the (same) aircraft was covered, so I was able to log that as PIC time.

The long and the short of it - if you have already got your CPL then a successful IRT can be logged as PIC. If you're doing your IR before CPL, then you may need to look into it a bit more carefully.

Hope this hasn't muddied the waters too much.