PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Ground School - What Extra's?

Okavango
27th Nov 2008, 15:24
Just spoken to Bristol GS and they inform me that there are no extras required for the course other than CRP-5 and charts. I thought there were Jeppeson Airways Manuals as well or are these included? Any other advice appreciated. Thanks.

SD.
27th Nov 2008, 15:44
Jepps come with the course. :ok:

CharlieLima
28th Nov 2008, 06:35
I wanted to buy the course material for pre and actual study with an integrated course but its a bit mega bucks at over a grand sterling excl. p+p.

I'm not sure how much this book (http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=KY-MBUeQoZEC&pg=PT17&dq=phil+croucher+atpl+book&sig=ACfU3U0YoCNs8i-hxOKJ_P9Enr53yojEPQ#PPT546,M1) covers but if you know the likes of readiris there always free ways of getting some of the info.

RudeNot2
28th Nov 2008, 08:44
See this thread (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/344824-phil-croucher-jar-professional-pilot-studies-book.html#post4423482)... Author is on the forum as PACO..

Mikehotel152
28th Nov 2008, 09:32
Take reams of paper on which to take notes! :)

P1-FTE
28th Nov 2008, 18:48
I took loads of paper, pens and also a compass or map dividers is good for General Nav. Apart from that, I think I remember that everything else you need is given to you as part of the course.

pilotmike
28th Nov 2008, 20:06
What Extra's?... there are no extra's required
The apostrophe in Extra's is the only extra which is not required

Okavango
28th Nov 2008, 22:25
Thanks all....I've now received the course. The course target planner seems to be suggesting that at 15 hrs per week the course can be completed in less than 6 months - surely this can't be correct as I thought full time integrated courses took ~6months (though admittedly without the PPL foundation study)? I was thinking at least 10 months part time even allowing for PPL foundation - is the planner realistic?

Alex Whittingham
29th Nov 2008, 09:35
It's realistic in one sense, the study times are averages of actual time taken by a sample group of students but they are only represent time studying on the ATPL digital program and take no account of time reading the manuals, revising or attending crammer courses.

You're right, most people take 10 to 12 months to complete the whole course.

BigGrecian
29th Nov 2008, 13:24
Most importantly the only extra you will need at Bristol Groundschool is one or two of her majesty's pounds for lunch from the 'roach coach' which provides some delicious sandwiches etc at lunch time... :}