PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Bridging Package

Tacomato
27th Nov 2008, 13:17
Hi, does anyone know the latest gen on whether the ATPL bridging package for military pilots is likely to be withdrawn/changed/lengthened any time soon?
I've heard the rumours and the Bristol GS website says:

We are assured by the CAA that, other than the above, there are no plans to remove or change any of the military bridging procedures and exemptions in the forseeable future.

...but I was wondering if anyone knew differently?

Cheers muchly.

Gnd
27th Nov 2008, 14:31
No, as far as I have found out it will remain. The difficulty at the moment is the H from A change where from Dec 08 all RW will need to sit the H package (seems a good idea to me) but unfortunately there are no question banks or study packages available from training providers. BS can’t enrol any one as the normally use ELC's which require the price and until the package is finalised, they can’t give it; should be around April 09. BEagle will probably be able to help a bit more as he keeps a close ear to the CAA? Might be worth passing this by him. Hope it helps.

Farfrompuken
27th Nov 2008, 15:26
The word from the CAA is that there will be no change for the foreseeable future. You're best bet would be to enroll now, ensuring you have a 'foot in the door' should an unforseen change occur.

It took me about 6 months to go through all the course material, but at a fairly leisurely pace; 2 months at a fair pace would see you through.

happysod1412
27th Nov 2008, 21:30
I did my package in 2 weeks!!!! Easily done

Good luck

indie cent
27th Nov 2008, 21:43
Well done Happysod.:8

How is the weather in elevenerife?

Farfrompuken
28th Nov 2008, 12:34
Indie,

I think you & I worked with a character just like Happysod ;)