PDA

View Full Version : ATPL GS Help - FTO Student (OAT).

Melissa_Bettochi
27th Nov 2008, 11:25
Hi Guys,

I'm currently a phase one ground school student at oxford aviation. The work is going OK although there is a lot of information to take in.

I wanted to know if your guys know of any good reading material - a sort of a concise summary etc book for Theory of Flight, Met, Instruments, AGK, Human Performance and VFR/IFR Comms that I can use alongside my groundschool notes?

Any other study advice would much appreciated. :)

Ciao,
Melissa

captain_rossco
27th Nov 2008, 11:59
The Oxford books have good Q's in the back. Annotate the books during class. I highlighted the :mad: out of mine! Then spend spend your evenings writing summary sheets (no more than about an A4 side of bullet points) and stick it in a folder. Worked a treat for me. The GI's at Oxford will welcome you in the upsatirs office if you want to talk shop after class. Bristol feedback Questions will be of great help, even early on.

Regards

CR

Whirlygig
27th Nov 2008, 12:25
Look no further! (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/344824-phil-croucher-jar-professional-pilot-studies-book.html)

Cheers

Whirls

bajadj
27th Nov 2008, 20:50
mostly agree with what captain rossco said, although be very careful on oxford feedback, in fact if i would go as far as to say get the bristol database as early as you can and forget about oxcel, and there are some good questions in the back of the book, but there are some bloody lousy ones as well, in particular, you have probably crossed most of your met book out by now!!!

and as for theory of flight, if you have one particular instructor, just don't even bother showing up, just hit bristol, i won't name him this time but everyone, and i mean EVERYONE at oaa knows what a complete waste of time he is.