PDA

View Full Version : Mumbai under attack...HOW IS AIRPORT?

sevenstrokeroll
26th Nov 2008, 21:29
as you probably know by know a massive terrorist attack is underway in Mumbai, India (sp?)

I am wondering how the airport is handling things?

SU-GCM
26th Nov 2008, 21:40
A local journalist told CNN he had seen evidence of an attack at the city's domestic airport, which is on the outskirts of the Mumbai.

Scores killed in Mumbai rampage - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/11/26/india.attacks/index.html)

Hope things get better soon :ugh:

Airbubba
26th Nov 2008, 21:45
There would normally be airline crews at all of the hotels attacked.

There are reports of an attack in Santa Cruz near the airport, perhaps one of the hotels on Sahar Airport Road.

doubleu-anker
27th Nov 2008, 03:01
"There would normally be airline crews at all of the hotels attacked."

That guys, is the very reason I will turn down the "top" hotels in town, in the "third" world. This is the first place they hit, if they want to take out foreigners. It is not rocket science.

I have never stayed at a hotel in these parts yet, where the hotel "security" is such that determined terrorists could be stopped. In fact the security is a joke!!

hitmanishere
27th Nov 2008, 03:57
:\Heard many flights got cancelled!!

B747-800
27th Nov 2008, 04:30
flights are either delayed or cancelled. there are heavy police checks around the airport.

our overnight crew is safe there and we are dispatching normal.

blueplatinum
27th Nov 2008, 21:53
The airport web site is down.

apaddyinuk
27th Nov 2008, 23:49
BA crew are safe, they stay away from the city centre and the flights are operating as normal albeit a lot of crew are wishing otherwise. I believe LH and Northwest crew are directly caught up in the attacks.

Travel Agent
28th Nov 2008, 08:03
My friend's parents were leaving Mumbai when everything kicked off, but their flight left ontime. He had sent a text to see if they were ok and they had not heard anything about it!

raffele
28th Nov 2008, 08:39
Mumbai airport is still open and operating pretty normally - obviously some airlines have cancelled flights, but for the most part flights are still operating.

This latest report from the BBC says that 20 Air France crew have just been released from the ongoing hostage situation at the Oberoi Trident: BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Dozens released from Mumbai hotel (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7753892.stm)