PDA

View Full Version : CX interview but living in UK

Jambe
25th Nov 2008, 21:54
I've put my application in recently and am just planning ahead.
I currently work and live in London. If I get an interview do I have to go back to HK for them or are there any 'Interview centres' in London??

If there are other people in the same situation. How did you manage to keep your job whilst making to all interview etc.

Thanks a lot.

Artificial Horizon
26th Nov 2008, 11:12
Jambe,

Application form to interview can take a long time, I waited over 18 months to hear that I had an interview, the standard seems to be around 12 months. Once invited for the Initial Interview this will be carried out in LONDON at the Cathay office's, so no need to go to Hong Kong for that part. If you pass that initial interview then you will have to go to Hong Kong for the (in)famous second interview and cocktail party. Good luck.

A.H.

Jambe
26th Nov 2008, 12:20
wow, 12-18 months before they reply??

But on the website they said if you on't hear from them within 8weeks then consider application failed!!!

Strange?!?!

So how long was the wait between 1st and 2nd interview. then between 2nd interview to the 2 week trial?

Sorry to ask so many question. in my industry you'll hear within days.

Artificial Horizon
26th Nov 2008, 15:59
Jambe,

Sorry, but just to make sure are we talking interview for Pilot??

AmarokGTI
26th Nov 2008, 16:06
if you mean Cadet Pilot, you have to do all stages that you reach, in Hong Kong (your expense) and the 4th in Adelaide (cathay paid).

see the Wannabe forum

Jambe
26th Nov 2008, 16:14
Sorry folks

I'm going for the cadet pilots. should have made that clear

Artificial Horizon
26th Nov 2008, 16:22
Ah, o.k. Jambe, I was referring to Direct Entry positions. Good luck with the cadet pilot selection.