PDA

View Full Version : Airbus CBT

chai ja
25th Nov 2008, 20:39
Hey Guys,

Start an Airbus course in a few months.
Anyone got any recommendations on which parts to read up on most of all???

Mobs: please move thread if required!?

Ciao
CJ

ElitePilot
26th Nov 2008, 02:16
Its quite a steep learning curve if it's your first TR.
But if I remember right the exam focusses on several key areas (most questions). Thats not to say you can neglect the others!
If you can get your head around Autoflight, EFIS, ECAM and flight laws that would certainly be a good start.

Good luck! Where are you doing it?

CAT3C AUTOLAND
26th Nov 2008, 07:53
The CBT will prepare you for the computer based exam you will take at the end of the ground school. It is not difficult, but there is alot to digest. You start a new module and it goes on and on and on and on.... :). If you could get a copy in advance it will make the ground school study a lot less painful. The performance, mass and balance etc will be covered over 2 days.

From a practical and operational point of view, once you receive the Flight Crew Operating Manuals (FCOM's) it is worth while knowing where information is in them, along with the QRH. This will help you in the simulator.

All the best with it.

ITA
26th Nov 2008, 09:52
Hi, cibiti.com has some material but not free :(

potkettleblack
26th Nov 2008, 16:14
Smartcockpit has a lot of useful Airbus stuff on it although if your new to the bus and its your first type you might be better off waiting till your course starts so that it makes sense better. Having said that there are quite a few useful "general" documents on that website that will give you some information on fly by wire. There are also a bunch of ground school questions on each system which will give you a flavour for the written exam.

Personally I would see if you can't get copies of the CBT ahead of time and try and get ahead of the game as there is a lot to cover.

chai ja
26th Nov 2008, 16:18
Cheers for the suggestions guys. Smart Cockpit looks good!! Loads of info!
Its my 2nd type rating so I know I need to lock myself away and ignore the missus for a while ;)
Thanks a lot for your input!

Piece of Cake
26th Nov 2008, 19:31
Also

Airbusdriver.net (http://www.airbusdriver.net/)

has lots of useful stuff on it.

Good luck with the type rating!

Joe_Bar
27th Nov 2008, 11:30
cibiti.com they must be con artists.

They are selling stuff that is available for free. Just seen a document that is downloadable for free for the price of 79 dollars..........

ITA
28th Nov 2008, 09:41
Hi, careful with airbusdriver.net as they try to divert you and make you buy red triangle productions software.
It's scam as it's just an excel file, available for free to download.

Cheers,