PDA

View Full Version : bristol database

zuluflyer
25th Nov 2008, 16:49
is it possible to use the database for met? thanks for any replies

Whirlygig
25th Nov 2008, 17:43
If you mean for Met only at a cheaper price, then no; it's a flat fee for all subjects.

Cheers

Whirls

zuluflyer
25th Nov 2008, 18:19
sorry i should have been more clear with my question i mean can you just bristol met but obviously u need to know understand tafs and metars?

acuba 290
25th Nov 2008, 19:42
TAF and METAR encoding questions are all 2-3 marks worth ;)

Whirlygig
25th Nov 2008, 19:54
You mean you can't be bothered to study the subject? Well, OK then,just use the Question Bank and give it a try and let us know how you get on! :}

Cheers

Whirls

pilotmike
25th Nov 2008, 19:54
is it possible to use the database for met?
The Met section of the database ought to be fully functional.

It might be considered a 'rip off' if Met didn't work as well as the other subjects...

zuluflyer
25th Nov 2008, 20:19
whirlygig thanks for the sarcasm i have just started with met i was just wondering thats all

Whirlygig
25th Nov 2008, 22:04
Zuluflyer, you are going to be a professional. commercial pilot; what do you think the answer is? If you're having difficulty understanding a subject, then get some help from your groundschool. Met is actually one of the more useful subjects and some understanding would really help!

Yes, I was sarcastic but sadly the reasoning behind my sarcasm was lost; hence the equally sarcastic gratitude.

Cheers

Whirls

pilotmike
25th Nov 2008, 22:37
Yes, I was sarcastic
Whirls, don't be so harsh on yourself! You might have been slightly 'off' with zuluflyer, but not unduly.

The only sarcasm in the thread comes from zuluflyer when he reprimands you "thanks for the sarcasm".

Nashers
25th Nov 2008, 23:33
i back you Whirls.

its prob the most useful subject out of all of them... well except for IFR/VFR comms....:} (still cant believe they cost 3 pounds a question....)