PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Choice

sputnik-monkeyman
24th Nov 2008, 20:44
It has seemed that flight has been in my nature ever since I was a kid, I'v alwase hoped one way or another that I will wind up in a cockpit for my career. Well now its come to the stage when I have to make a choice on which cockpit that will be, i'v been dancing back and forth in my mind for the past year about which direction I should start off my career in avaiton. I'v looked at all types of job and oppourtunities, be it freight with FedX, Test piloting, civil avaiton or military. Military avation has alwase been a huge interest of mine, however I'v heard stories of what it is like joining the RAF that would both make me sign up immedatly or turn my back and never look back, one chap in particular said it was like "signing your life away for 12 years", heavy stuff right? So naturally iv looked into all the other opportunites in avation however it seems everywhere I go, every website I click into and every job I look at, military is lingering in the background. It seems like every military pilot has this head start in avation, an edge, something differant to everyone else. Job adverts include or "military equivilant", "usually pilots picked with a background in military avation" and so on. I feel like im somehow caught up in some worldwide recruitment consperacy . Also one of the major factors playing with my mind is how I see myself in 20 odd years, the one thing I dont want is regret. I dont want to meet some guy who has done what I passed up and has achived his dreams, my dreams. However I also dont want to wind up signing blindly into something I know little of and blowing 12 years of my life away and regreting every second. So I guess what im trying to say, or ask is.......am I alone?

mcgoo
24th Nov 2008, 20:53
I was going to say whatever you do DO NOT post this in the mil forum but you already have! good luck! :\

Keygrip
24th Nov 2008, 21:53
Has he indeed.

:=:=:=