PDA

View Full Version : Kissimmee Accommodation

VBravoCharlie
23rd Nov 2008, 13:53
Hello everyone :),

Can anyone provide me with some details of accommodation around Kissimmee airport? Student accommodation would be fine as it is for my daughter who will be attending OFT early next year. I have seen some bad reviews of OFT's student housing so I thought I'd see if anyone knew of an alternative.

Thanks, VBravoCharlie

BRS_flyer
23rd Nov 2008, 15:29
Hey VBC

OFT accomodation is only average but is massivly overpriced at $750 per month. For that you could localy rent a 1 bed apartment with all bills. A popular complex for OFT students is the venetian bay complex, which is only a bit further away (about 5 mins in a car or 15 on a bike). Most are 3-4 bed townhouses and are really nice, this means that it works out about $400-$450 per month if shared by 3 or 4 people with all bills including access to the complex Wi-Fi which is a big plus when you are away from home.

Trouble is that this is hard to organize in advance. Depending on how long she will be there it may be cheaper to stay in a local motel for a bit after arrival and make a few contacts with other students and wait until a room comes up. I'm not there right now and wont be next year either so I am no help to you in that respect i'm afraid, but can reccomend a good motel to stay in until she finds somewhere more permenent. The Crown Inn at 3834 West Vine st (+1 407 933 4666) will do you a weekly rate of $130 if you say you are from OFT which is about half what the OFT reccomended Baymont Inn charges and there is not that much difference between them.

Eurotraveller
24th Nov 2008, 12:04
Just got back from hour building in Kissimmee, I was with Sunstate who are on the other side of the airport. The Baymont Inn is a fair walk to Sunstate (about an hour) but I think it is probably closer to OFT. I stayed there for a week and found the accommodation to be fine, no real issues at all. You get a microwave and a fridge in your room as well. The aforementioned Crown Inn is on the same strip; it looked a little run down to be honest. The Days Inn is also nearby. There's a Super-8 motel further down the 192 which is closer to Sunstate but probably further from OFT...

Most of the schools rent bicycles out but one guy who was at the Baymont from OFT bought one from Walmart, so not sure if OFT loan them out.

All the motels on that strip are pretty much the same I reckon. Baymont looked reasonably safe and secure and was pretty comfortable. They also have a safe in the room for storing valuables, and free breakfast (bagels and muffins etc). Free wifi as well which worked consistently while I was there. Don't get me wrong, the Ritz it ain't, but it sufficed!!

VBravoCharlie
25th Nov 2008, 16:20
Ok, thanks for your help :)

Kyriakos
25th Nov 2008, 17:26
Depends on how long shes planning to stay.
Venetian Bay is way better place to stay (cleaner and newer).
I agree that is overpriced but on the other hand all bills are included.
And u r not promised a private bathroom so for a girl that might be an issue, especially if shes sharing one with a dirty male pilot :bored:
Of course you can get better deals, ("roomates wanted" on craigs' list), i even looked around but i would rather pay a couple hundred bugs more and stay at a clean and healthy place.
Good luck!

The_Quo16
7th Dec 2008, 13:30
Hi, I am heading out to do a FAA PPL then Conversion to Jaa and hr build.

will be staying at the Baymont Inn as i've heard its nicer than student apartments.

I am 22 yrs old.

when are you heading out? I start on Feb/ 2/ 2009

Regards

Keygrip
7th Dec 2008, 13:53
Quo - that's a question for "Facebook", not PPRuNe.

I see the low number of posts, so just a friendly tap on the shoulder, please don't use this as an instant messaging site.

The_Quo16
7th Dec 2008, 14:04
I appologise, i did also send a pm regarding advice on the area. only my 2nd post so still getting the hang of it! lol

Regards,