PDA

View Full Version : Steve Shutt

LookingNorth
21st Nov 2008, 16:06
Seen on another forum, Steve Shutt passed away in hospital with his family by his side a couple of days ago after being involved in a light aircraft crash two weeks ago (in which Ian Davies was killed). Believe it was Steve's own Christen Eagle, collided with a tractor on final approach.

Steve was a Jaguar pilot, met him once at Coltishall when on a tour of the station where he was most friendly, welcoming and helpful - sad to see his name pop up like this.

BBC NEWS | England | Norfolk | Second man dies after plane crash (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7740314.stm)

Jackonicko
21st Nov 2008, 17:06
Cheerio Steve. The world's a poorer place without you. Sincere condolences to the family, and to those lucky enough to have known him better.

Wasn't it Steve who dropped the RAF's first bomb on mainland Europe in anger when he bombed a Serbian tank.

744drv
21st Nov 2008, 18:12
Bon oeuf tout circular RIP

Mowgli
1st Dec 2008, 16:29
That's right Jacko. I'm the other side of the world at the moment and only just received the news. I can't believe I'm not going to see him again. He was such fun to be around. I'm so lucky to have known him. Great memories, always a twinkle in his eye. RIP

Jackonicko
1st Dec 2008, 16:45
Thanks Mowgli. I wasn't sure. I remembered his face, his voice, and his wit, but the story was much less clear in my mind. Only met him a few times, and spoke on the phone a few more times, but he seemed (like so many of the Colt chaps from that era) like an absolutely top bloke.

TEEEJ
7th Dec 2008, 22:52
RIP

With permission I've been asked to re-post this request. Please PM me if you can help and I'll pass on the details.

'On Tuesday 2nd December many friends and family gathered together to say farewell to Steve Shutt who had passed away after a 3 week struggle for survival. The light aircraft he was in was involved in a collision with a tractor as they landed at Seething airfield a few weeks earlier. His friend and fellow pilot Ian Davies sadly died at the scene. The Air Ambulance took Steve to Addenbrookes Neuro surgery unit in Cambridge and to this end it was decided to raise some money for them at the wake. As a well known pilot on Canberras, Jaguars and at Cathay Pacific there were many many aircrew at the wake and both Mike Rondot and Squadron Prints donated prints to be signed and sold for the charities.

One of the signed Rondot prints was left it unattended for 3 minutes - surprise, surprise, some scumbag stole the print! All caught on CCTV but the thief was wearing a baseball cap and hoody so very little chance of getting the print back. The print stolen was a unique copy of “Jaguars Over Bosnia” and had been signed by the large gathering of Jaguar Pilots – IF you see this print being sold anywhere or are offered this print for sale could you please send me a PM so that Steve’s friends can get it back and sell it for the charities concerned!'

TJ