PDA

View Full Version : R22 Hire?

alexlaw
21st Nov 2008, 11:52
Hi I am currently hour building towards my CPL….and obviously looking to do it as cheaply as possible…. especially given the current economic climate.

Was wondering if anyone out there has a R22 that would be willing to sell me a few hours? I currently have around 100 so would be looking for 50 ish

I live in Northamptonshire and have a secure landing site on my premises, anyone out there that can help!

Now waiting for posts telling me how mad I am to a want to fly a 22 and that going for my CPL at the mo is crazy but hey I love flying and look at it as a way to get paid; eventually! To participate in my hobby!:ok:

biggles99
21st Nov 2008, 12:17
I'd be delighted to, Alex, and would extend the offer to others as well.

please PM me.

Big Ls

FLY 7
22nd Nov 2008, 08:52
Have you seen this?

HUGHES 300 C HELICOPTER FOR HIRE AT GLOUCESTER on eBay, also, Aircraft, Aircraft Aviation, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 03-Oct-08 17:32:46 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUGHES-300-C-HELICOPTER-FOR-HIRE-AT-GLOUCESTER_W0QQitemZ260291268305QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2602 91268305&_trkparms=39%3A1)

Looks good value and will broaden your flying experience.

Camp Freddie
22nd Nov 2008, 09:11
hey alex,

I wouldnt dream of telling you that you are mad to go for a CPL, because all of us here who have made it were all advised at some time that it is a foolhardy idea I am sure.

I would just say that you should be informed as to the likelihood of your plan working.

specifically what are you going to do after you have got your CPL in terms of ratings ? you really do need to budget for an instructor or instrument rating on top of your basic CPL depending on your ultimate ambition.

if all you have is a CPL and thats it, then you may be lucky but you are making things difficult for yourself, unless you have some good contacts.

good luck

regards

CF

alexlaw
22nd Nov 2008, 11:19
Thanks to all that have replied, I had a peek at the Hughes on Ebay but I can hire a 22 locally for very similar money with out the travel costs, appreciated all the same mind!

I am planning to build some hours….pass the exams and gain a CPL then go from there, I am not under the illusion will walk into a job with just that! Would most likely go down the instructor route depending what is going on at the time.

Because of the way thing are at the mo I am trying to earn as much as I can to fund my flying as I go along with out running up massive debits, and above all else to enjoy the flying as that is reason I’m doing it all in the first place!

Still on the looking out for a private 22 which I could fly solo, have seen a deal or two advertised by some flying schools which seem pretty good so may see if I can haggle a little if I can’t find some one who would want a few hrs putting on there machine!

Cheers all

Alex

Efirmovich
22nd Nov 2008, 12:57
Hi Alex,

I have a 22 that is spare, if you can commit to a number of hrs per month I would be happy to base it at your place.

PM me.

E.

alexlaw
23rd Nov 2008, 18:42
Cheers efirmovich......plz see Pm's

JoeM
24th Nov 2008, 16:48
..I know a man based in Northampton that specializes in collecting a whole range of vehicles for no obvious purpose (mercedes, ford bronco, volvo, bmw etc) and I am sure that if you have a good look around his place you might be able to find a heli tucked away :}

Heehee,

Good luck with everything

Joe.

PS. we need to go for a pint!

alexlaw
25th Nov 2008, 12:17
.....had a look but could not find a heli, but with the shed he could do a A team number on that Bronco for me.....u know 30 sec's and a gas torch and out would come a 109!

A pint is a very good idea...sure you have not had enough after the weekend thou?!

Alex;)

R44-pilot
25th Nov 2008, 12:21
Alex you have PM mate

heli_ben
25th Nov 2008, 16:36
I too am looking at R22 hire...

If you have one you're looking to hire out, drop me a PM with your number and I'll call you back.

alexlaw
26th Nov 2008, 09:50
Thank you to everyone that has replied

All I have to do now is to work out the most cost effective way to build the hours I need and more importantly how to pay for them and at what point to fly them……

arrrrrrr now can anyone out there predict what’s going to happen in the economy in the next couple of years!:ugh::ugh:

Cheers All

Alex:ok:

HeliCraig
26th Nov 2008, 11:33
And while you are at it, can you predict some good weather?

alexlaw
27th Nov 2008, 10:11
Thats easy......about 1 weeks a year...norm when you are on your hols out of the country!:ugh:

biggles99
27th Nov 2008, 17:00
Good weather?? -- just like a beautiful woman, it's in the eye of the beer-holder.

(apologies in advance)

Big Ls